[comp.sys.amiga] Soccer Games

choy_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Stephen Choy) (05/30/90)

Hi,
     I am an Amiga 1000 user and wondering if anyone may know any soccer games
that are out for the Amiga.  Since the world cup championship is held this
year, I would like to buy a soccer game to add to the fun.  I believe there
is a soccer game for four players for the Amiga, but I'm not sure of the
name.  Please help!  Thanks!!!

                              Stephen

nv89-rbi@nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) (05/30/90)

There are several soccergames out now, and at least three of them called
themselfs something like Italy 90. But I suggest you to wait until the
REAL GAME will come: Kick Off 2, that will be the BEST soccer game the
amiga has ever seen, according to some magazines, and Kick Off 1.

The new version will contents:

Four player mode, different kinds of stripes on the player, etc etc etc

It will be very good, and you will be able to save your favourite goals
in a disk, to see the replays some other time. I don't remember all
feauteres, but I do not see the need. It will sure be the best you can
get for money.

Ron Birk, nv89-rbi@nada.kth.se, Sweden.

buffa@sardaigne.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) (05/31/90)

In article <7665@ur-cc.UUCP>, choy_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Stephen
Choy) writes:
|> Hi,
|>      I am an Amiga 1000 user and wondering if anyone may know any
soccer games
|> that are out for the Amiga.  Since the world cup championship is held this
|> year, I would like to buy a soccer game to add to the fun.  I believe there
|> is a soccer game for four players for the Amiga, but I'm not sure of the
|> name.  Please help!  Thanks!!!
|>
|>                               Stephen

There are plenty of soccer games: World Cup soccer by Virgin, Italy 90 by US
GOLD, KICK-OFF by Anco, Gary Lynekers' football match by ?, Manchester United
by ?, Player manager by Anco, and very soon Kick-Off 2 by Anco and another one
by Microprose.

BUY KICK-OFF NOW !!!!!!!!! It's the best one, very far from all the others. In
fact, you'd better wait 15 days and buy KICK-OFF 2. I saw a preview and it's
incredible: very fast scrolling (smooth), you can play 4 at the same time,
load tactics you made with PLAYER MANAGER, load your own teams, choose your
players beetween hundreds of them with their own characteristics, and so on...
It's a real action game arcade-quality (it's all written in pure 68000, 50
frames per second)

In fact, the best thing you should do is to buy Player Manager and Kick-Off 2.
You'll be able to manage your team and tactics, and play furious action with
Kick-Of 2.

Michel Buffa:       Projet Robotvis, INRIA, France

    Internet:       buffa@sardaigne.inria.fr
Surface Mail:       Michel BUFFA, INRIA - Sophia Antipolis,
                    2004, route des Lucioles, 06565 Valbonne Cedex -- FRANCE
 Voice phone:       (33) 93.65.78.39, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 65

andrew@teslab.lab.OZ (Andrew Phillips 289 8712) (06/04/90)

In article <1990May30.084333.13053@nada.kth.se> nv89-rbi@nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) writes:
>There are several soccergames out now, and at least three of them called
>themselfs something like Italy 90. But I suggest you to wait until the
>REAL GAME will come: Kick Off 2, that will be the BEST soccer game the
>amiga has ever seen, according to some magazines, and Kick Off 1.

I thought Kick Off (the original) was one of the best games EVER, and
now there is to be a version 2!!  The only problem that I found with
Kick Off is that it doesn't support NTSC.  At least I couldn't get an
NTSC version (I have an NTSC Amiga in Australia which is a PAL
country).  The PAL version I have has all the menus off the bottom of
the screen (which is not a big problem) but it just makes the screen
go black at the start of the actual game.  Does anyone know of an
NTSC version of Kick Off or a patch for the PAL one to make it work
on NTSC?

Also I hate using digital joysticks!  Why can't they at least also
support the mouse if not an analog joystick.

Thanks for the info on Kick Off 2.
--
Andrew Phillips (andrew@teslab.lab.oz.au) Phone +61 (Aust) 2 (Sydney) 289 8712

jbaker@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (John Baker) (06/06/90)

In article <766@teslab.lab.OZ> andrew@teslab.lab.oz.au (Andrew Phillips) writes:

>I thought Kick Off (the original) was one of the best games EVER, and
>now there is to be a version 2!!  The only problem that I found with
>Kick Off is that it doesn't support NTSC.  At least I couldn't get an
>NTSC version (I have an NTSC Amiga in Australia which is a PAL
>country).  The PAL version I have has all the menus off the bottom of
>the screen (which is not a big problem) but it just makes the screen
>go black at the start of the actual game.  Does anyone know of an
>NTSC version of Kick Off or a patch for the PAL one to make it work
>on NTSC?

Some european hackers have written a great utility called PAL BOOT (I
have PAL BOOT 2.0) which moves the whole screen up a bit.  This
effectively "centers" the PAL screen over the NTSC screen.  If you are
lucky, you only lose part of the border on the top and bottom.

Unfortunately, I have not seen it on any ftp sites; however, I hear that
it is on Compuserve.

John Baker (jbaker@gmuvax2.gmu.edu)