[comp.sys.amiga] ProWrite 3.01 Display Modes

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) (06/06/90)

"Michael D. Landis" <mdl@macbeth.cs.duke.edu> writes:

> Would someone please tell me if the new version of ProWrite allows the
> use of non-interlace display modes?  I recall that the original only let
> you use an interlace screen, what a pain!  But the newer versions might
> have fixed that problem.

ProWrite 3.01 opens by default at the same screen resolution that you
are using for your workbench.  So if you are using an interlaced WB, you
get an interlaced ProWrite.  When run from the CLI you can add one of
the following to choose the resolution to use:

   -hires  -HR  640x400
   -MedRes -MR  640x200
   -lores  -LR  320x200

You may also set the number of colors supported with:

   -PartColor  -PC  4 color
   -Nocolor    -NC  Monochrome
   -Wor
kbench  -WB  Use WB screen (overides others)

Case is ignored in all of the options.

For WIMP (Window, Icon, Mouse, Pointer) users, the provision is made to
place those same options (without the leading dash) in the icon's Tool
Type to properly configure the screen.

   --- Cal