[comp.sys.amiga] posting to comp.sys.amiga.games

kosma%human-torch@stc.lockheed.com (Monty Kosma) (06/06/90)

Here's a message I received from the amiga-relay coordinator:

From: Nelson@ee.udel.edu
Date:     Sun, 3 Jun 90 21:47:14 GMT
To: Monty Kosma <kosma%human-torch@stc.lockheed.com>
Subject:  Re:  posting to comp.sys.amiga.games

I'm afraid we only support posting to comp.sys.amiga, not to any of the
other amiga groups.  I'm not planning to change this, unless enough
people complain (yours is only the second complaint in three months).

Mark Nelson	amiga-relay-request@udel.edu or ..!udel!amiga-relay-request
Moderator, amiga-relay@udel.edu

So, can somebody out there tell me how I can post to e.g. comp.sys.amiga.games
from my site without a uucp/news feed?

thanks!

monty
kosma@human-torch.lasc-research.lockheed.com

mofo@bucsf.bu.edu (jason greene) (06/06/90)

and could someone tell ME (the ultimate ignorant one)
how to post to comp.sys.amiga?

someone once told me all i had to do was send mail to:
comp-sysy-amiga@ucbvax.berkeley.edu

but my system did not know that address....

HELP!

Jason Greene
mofo@bucsf.bu.edu

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (06/06/90)

In article <21140@snow-white.udel.EDU> kosma%human-torch@stc.lockheed.com (Monty Kosma) writes:
> can somebody out there tell me how I can post to e.g. comp.sys.amiga.games
> from my site without a uucp/news feed?

Mail your posting to <comp-sys-amiga-games@ucbvax.berkeley.edu>.
Berkeley is kind enough to have mail->news forwarders for most groups.
	...tad

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (06/07/90)

In article <MOFO.90Jun5194211@bucsf.bu.edu> mofo@bucsf.bu.edu writes:
> someone once told me all i had to do was send mail to:
> comp-sysy-amiga@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
>
> but my system did not know that address....

That should be <comp-sys-amiga@ucbvax.berkeley.edu>, not <comp-sysy-...>

If your system said, ``Host Unknown'' -- your system is in serious
need of help.  Tell your system administrator.

If your system said, ``User Unknown'', then, well, use the right address... :-)

	...tad