[comp.sys.amiga] NFS: for amy

bli@aludra.usc.edu (Binary Logics) (06/05/90)

Someone here is interested in mounting a NFS: handler between two
amigas via the PAR: port. I know there is a nfs-handler for the amy
(it is on my Dnet disk), so I was thinking if anyone has mounted a
NFS: system successfully without using dnet? It would be done
over a null modem (hardwired).

In not so many words, what we want to accomplish is use the HD on the
second Amiga like it was on the first Amy, through a PAR: connection.

Any input will be appreciated.

(and a nfs-handler with docs and mountlist entry also appreciated.)

baeder@cadence.com (D. Scott Baeder; x299) (06/07/90)

In article <10047@chaph.usc.edu> bli@aludra.usc.edu (Binary Logics) writes:
>Someone here is interested in mounting a NFS: handler between two
>amigas via the PAR: port. I know there is a nfs-handler for the amy

>In not so many words, what we want to accomplish is use the HD on the
>second Amiga like it was on the first Amy, through a PAR: connection.

This is EXACTLY what the parnet [posted to the binary group] (or
parnet2, a brand new release I got off the soft-distillery BBS) code
does...I'm using the latest from the software distillery folks, and
while I am having a smal problem, It does work.

Basically, I'm having trouble with the status command, and with the
different "shells" I use...

Does anyone know why the operations wirk fine with DOS, (or arp
equiv), but NOT from inside either the dillion csh (2.07) or the
enhanced versions (4.0A)??  It has me puzzled...the symptom is
different, but they each have trouble if you try to "cd
net:dh0/xyz..."

I'd be happy to talk more about it via e-mail.

Thanks....Scott Baeder
baeder@cadence.com