[comp.sys.amiga] DICE, please send!

robert@madnix.UUCP (Robert Moldenhauer) (06/05/90)

Would some kind soul please send me DICE?

Thanks in advance.
(I think that's the right name, it's Matt Dillon's C compiler).

--
Robert Moldenhauer                              One People
U.S. Snail: 30 Lathrop St.,                     One Planet

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (06/05/90)

In article <1371@madnix.UUCP> robert@madnix.UUCP (Robert Moldenhauer) writes:
> Would some kind soul please send me DICE?

Coming soon to a comp.binaries.amiga near you...
	...tad

yarnall@usceast.UUCP (Ken Yarnall) (06/06/90)

+
+Coming soon to a comp.binaries.amiga near you...
+	...tad

"`Good,' he thought, `DICE is probably on xanth in incoming/amiga.'"

When I tried to get it (all 447-some-odd-thousand bytes of it), it didn't
seem to want to send me the whole thing; I kept getting a corrupted archive.
Has anyone else had a problem?

kenny
--
Ken Yarnall               /// Amiga  yarnall@cs.scarolina.EDU
Math Department, USC  \\\/// Spoken  yarnall@ucseast.UUCP

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (06/07/90)

In article <3272@usceast.UUCP> yarnall@usceast.UUCP (Ken Yarnall) writes:
> In article <TADGUY.90Jun5075428@abcfd17.larc.nasa.gov> Tad Guy writes:
> +Coming soon to a comp.binaries.amiga near you...
>
> "`Good,' he thought, `DICE is probably on xanth in incoming/amiga.'"

Poor assumption.  Submissions mailed to amiga@cs.odu.edu (or posted to
the apropos group) do not appear in /incoming/amiga on xanth, but are
stored in a separate queue not available by anonymous ftp.

Sometimes someone will ftp a submission into /incoming/amiga, but
this is not common.  In such a case I let it sit there until it's
posted, and then I remove it (since it's then in /usenet).

The DICE in /incoming/amiga apparently is corrupted.  It's not the
submission that will be posted, either.  The origin of the copy on
xanth is suspect; the one to be posted is direct from Matt...

Just another case of use /incoming/amiga at your own risk (and send
promblem reports to the address(es) listed in /README)...

	...tad

alf@xenon.stgt.sub.org (Ingo Feulner) (06/07/90)

In article <1371@madnix.UUCP> robert@madnix.UUCP (Robert Moldenhauer) writes:
>Would some kind soul please send me DICE?

BTW, for what stands 'DICE'? Dillon Intelligent C Enviroment?

When will we see it in comp.binaries.amiga?

Greets, Ingo.

--
   Ingo Feulner - Wolfacher Weg 22 - 7030 Boeblingen - (+49) 7031 272691
    alf@xenon.stgt.sub.org --- Love your enemies. It'll make 'em crazy.