[comp.sys.amiga] DICE and simple math programs

eb15+@andrew.cmu.edu (Edward D. Berger) (06/01/90)

I wanted to compile some sample programs from PDC:sample with DICE.
The programs are Pi.c and fahr.c

All I get is some error message, I don't understand, and there appears to
be no math.lib or m.lib in the distribution to add to the command line.

There are a few other little problems, like the archive won't fit on a
single floppy when unzoo'd, and that the bin files don't have the pure bit
set when I unzood it.

I was hoping for a "complete" distributable package.
I'll keep my $40 for now, Matt.  I can't use it as-is.

-Ed Berger
eb15@andrew.cmu.edu

In article <UaNLWlC00WB84QFkM5@andrew.cmu.edu> eb15+@andrew.cmu.edu (Edward D. Berger) writes:

>There are a few other little problems, ... and that the bin files don't
>have the pure bit set when I unzood it.

I can't comment on your other problems, but this one's not Matt's fault.
Zoo always, to the best of my knowledge, sets the identical protection on
all "-extracted" files.  Makes sense when you think about it, since zoo is
a multi-platform archiver, but there is no standard for the semantics of a
particular protection bit from VMS to Unix to MS-DOS to AmigaDOS to ..., so
some real disasters could happen if the protection bits were blindly copied.

Kent, the man from xanth.