[comp.sys.amiga] DNET file transfer

gsgi_cif@troi.cc.rochester.edu (Gregory Gibson) (06/07/90)

Hi.  I am using DNET to connect my Amiga 2500 to a Sun multiuser UNIX
machine over a serial port and modem.  I can't deem to get putfiles
to connect...  I copied the file tree and followed the instructions.
I have the files under the structure /dnet/unix on the Sun and the
files under the structure /dnet/amiga on the Amiga. I didn't compile
anything on the Amiga; I compiled the dnet source, client source,
server source, (I think I got it all) on the Sun.  My paths seem
intact...  Any suggestions extremely appreciated!

--

Gregory Gibson
gsgi_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu or  gsgi_ltd@uordbv.bitnet

phao172@ut-emx.UUCP (Randy M. Roberts) (06/07/90)

In article <7778@ur-cc.UUCP> gsgi_cif@troi.cc.rochester.edu (Gregory Gibson) writes:
# Hi.  I am using DNET to connect my Amiga 2500 to a Sun multiuser UNIX
# machine over a serial port and modem.  I can't deem to get putfiles
# to connect...  I copied the file tree and followed the instructions.
# I have the files under the structure /dnet/unix on the Sun and the
# files under the structure /dnet/amiga on the Amiga. I didn't compile
# anything on the Amiga; I compiled the dnet source, client source,
# server source, (I think I got it all) on the Sun.  My paths seem
# intact...  Any suggestions extremely appreciated!
#
#
# --
#
# Gregory Gibson
# gsgi_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu or  gsgi_ltd@uordbv.bitnet
# UUCP: {decvax,harvard,ames,rutgers}!rochester!ur-cc!gsgi_cif

Could somebody please respond to this question to me by E-MAIL or by
posting to c.s.a or c.s.a.tech.  I have seen this question posted to
this group before and have been monitoring the group waiting for a
reply, but no-one has replied by c.s.a or c.s.a.t.

Regards,
Randy

--
Randy M. Roberts
phao172@emx.utexas.edu

bli@castor.usc.edu (@usc.edu) (06/09/90)

In article <31125@ut-emx.UUCP> phao172@emx.UUCP (Randy M. Roberts) writes:
>In article <7778@ur-cc.UUCP> gsgi_cif@troi.cc.rochester.edu (Gregory Gibson) writes:
># Hi.  I am using DNET to connect my Amiga 2500 to a Sun multiuser UNIX
># machine over a serial port and modem.  I can't deem to get putfiles
># to connect...  I copied the file tree and followed the instructions.
># I have the files under the structure /dnet/unix on the Sun and the
># files under the structure /dnet/amiga on the Amiga. I didn't compile
># anything on the Amiga; I compiled the dnet source, client source,
># server source, (I think I got it all) on the Sun.  My paths seem
># intact...  Any suggestions extremely appreciated!
>#

I believe that I also had this problem when I first set up DNET on my
amy. It seems that the problem was that my access levels were set
wrong in the dnet.config (?) file. I just set all the levels
to 9 9 9, since I don't worry about security here, and everything
works fine since then...

(well, almost everything. I still haven't gotten SCLI to work)