[comp.sys.amiga] ImageLink

unland@cbmvax.commodore.com (Rick Unland - Regional Support) (02/01/90)

In article <02106.AA02106@sosaria> wizard@sosaria.UUCP (Chris Brand) writes:
$
$Is ImageLink by ActiveCircuits now available? If yes, where can I get it?
$What does it cost? Does it really do IFF <-> Targa?
$

Yes it is available, You can get it fro Active Circuits at 201 223-5999
106 HWY 71
Manasquan NJ 08736

Cost I dont know at the moment!

Yes It really does IFF to targa and Targa to IFF and a lot more.

Hot product and the only commercial product that I know of taking real
advantage of the BridgeBoard and the Janus Libraries.

Rick
:wq

--
******* Rick Unland	Commodore Business Machines ****************************
*	Usenet: uunet!cbmvax!unland  ARPA: cbmvax!unland!@uunet.UU.NET         *

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (Bob Lindabury) (02/03/90)

> Is ImageLink by ActiveCircuits now available? If yes, where can I get it?
> What does it cost? Does it really do IFF <-> Targa?
>
> ------------------------------------
> Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com

ImageLink is available from Active Circuits..hmm...I had a card here for them
and some lit...let me see..where did I put it...ok..here it is..

        Active Circuits, Inc.
        106 U.S. Highway 71, Suite 101
        Mansquan, NJ 08736
        201/223-5999

It's price is a bit steep.  It costs something like $299.00 for the package.

I think that you would be better off picking up RGBExchange by Troy Barlow
(troyb@pro-graphics.cts.com) as it does everything that ImageLink does (as far
as conversions) and a bit more.  And RGBExchange is Shareware!  That's alot
easier to swallow than $299 in my book.  I believe it should be available for
FTP from XANTH RSN...Tad...is it there yet?

I sent the package to Tad at the end of December, so it should be up for FTP
by now.

-- Bob
_______________________ Pro-Graphics BBS  201/469-0049 ________________________

InterNet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com          |       ProLine: bobl@pro-graphics
    UUCP: ..crash!pro-graphics!bobl          |        CServe: 70347,2344
ARPA/DDN: ..crash!pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil |  Amer. Online: Graphics3D
___________                                                        ____________
            Raven Enterprises - 25 Raven Ave. Piscataway, NJ 08854

ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (AMOEBOID) (02/07/90)

In article <02106.AA02106@sosaria>, wizard@sosaria.UUCP (Chris Brand) writes:
> Is ImageLink by ActiveCircuits now available? If yes, where can I get it?
> What does it cost? Does it really do IFF <-> Targa?
> ------------------------------------
> Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com
> "Justice is the possession and doing
> of what one is entitled to" - Platon
> ------------------------------------
  YES, Imagelink is now available, check out your local
dealer.  It will do IFF to Targa (up to 32 bit), and I
THINK it costs about $250 or so.  It has various modules
in it already (from: IFF, PICT, TARGA to TARGA, IFF, PICT, SCULPT,
RAW RGB and more) and there will be additional modules for
other conversions released as they are developed.

George

--
UUCP:  ucqais.uc.edu!ggibeau  BBS: (513) 721-7977  GT NODE: 006/005
US Snail-Dept of Biology ML 06, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45221

wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) (06/09/90)

Yesterday I received my copy of ImageLink 2.0. Comment: One of the best
programs I have ever seen on any machine. It looks great, it feels great,
the GUI is excellent, the conversion works perfectly.

In spite of the good manual I have some questions.  I rendered a SA4D file
with a resolution of 1280x1024 with 24bit.  Each of the three color files
takes up >1.3 megs.  OK, I think, no problem, in the manual it says that
the compressed Targa format is supported.  But I can't activate the
compress buttons!  They're always ghosted so my targa file is >3 megs long.
With zoo it went down to 243 K.  Now how can I write compressed Targa
format?

The registration card mentions several programs I've never heard of, and
since I'm always interested in good graphics software, I'd like to know
what they are:

- 3D Professional
- Opticks
- Truevision Tips (obiously something with Targa)

In the section about owned hardware they even have the A3000 :-). Quite a
fast company, aren't they.

--