[comp.sys.amiga] Piracy boards, etc.

aburt@nyx.UUCP (Andrew Burt) (06/05/90)

 >From: kvasconc@nyx.UUCP (Kevin Wade Vasconcellos)
 >Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
 >Subject: Call these BBS
 >Date: 3 Jun 90 22:43:36 GMT
 >
 > Okay..call the following BBS's located in Denver, CO for Amigas!

	(bbs phone #'s)

 >   Gives those a call.....pirate on all of them except Backburner!

As the system admin of Nyx, let me join the rest of you in amazement
how someone could post something this... stupid.

Nyx is a public access board; all (but one!) of the users so far have
been very well behaved.  I apologize for the immaturity of this user (he's
a minor, unlike most Nyx users).

He claims "a friend" posted this without his knowledge.  Whether this is
true or not, I will issue a warning on this first offense and hope
that he learns to pick better "friends"...

mab@druwy.ATT.COM (Alan Bland) (06/09/90)

In article <1252@nyx.UUCP> aburt@nyx.UUCP (Andrew Burt) writes:
> >From: kvasconc@nyx.UUCP (Kevin Wade Vasconcellos)

  (hdr stuff deleted)

> > Okay..call the following BBS's located in Denver, CO for Amigas!

  (more stuff deleted)

>He claims "a friend" posted this without his knowledge.  Whether this is
>true or not, I will issue a warning on this first offense and hope
>that he learns to pick better "friends"...

Yeah, the adolescent who posted the original message has also been
disclaiming responsibility for his postings on some of the public domain
BBS's in the area, saying that a "friend" hacked his password and changed
it so he couldn't log in.  Yeah, sure.
--
-- Alan Bland
-- att!druwy!mab == mab@druwy.ATT.COM