[comp.sys.amiga] super agnus in my 500?

huggard@freezer.it.udel.edu (scott huggard) (06/08/90)

Hello,
According to Amiga World, my 2 month old Amiga 500 may have super agnus
inside...  Apparently, you can't tell by the amount of free chip mem
because a jumper must be jumped.
Can anyone tell me how I can check how 'fat' my agnus chip is,
and what are the negative consequenses if I converted my
entire one meg to be chip ram?

							Thanks..

terry@comcon.UUCP (Terry LaGrone) (06/12/90)

In article <21393@nigel.udel.EDU>, huggard@freezer.it.udel.edu (scott huggard) writes:
> Can anyone tell me how I can check how 'fat' my agnus chip is,
> and what are the negative consequenses if I converted my
> entire one meg to be chip ram?

Two programs, ECS and CONFIG, can check on the chip.

To convert, go to your authorized service center, as the change requires
cutting traces and soldering very small jumpers.

Negative consequences - DPaint III animation will not work unless additional
memory beyond 1 meg is added.

Terry LaGrone