[comp.sys.amiga] Looking for a Z80 cross-assembler

marco@gensof.strhold.sublink.ORG (Marco Dabbene) (06/05/90)

I am looking for a Z80 cross assembler for the Amiga. I read tha there is one
for the 6502 so i thought that one for the Z80 could exist. Really i need
also the sources since i want to use it also in an UNIX environment.

Thanks in advance,
			Marco.

|                    | General Software SrL     ***    Strhold Sistemi EDP |
|       Marco        | Via Dante 4 I 20122 Milano       Fax +39 2 72001474 |
|       Dabbene      | Voice +39 2 872732 / 72002222    Data +39 2 8690294 |
|                    |     Sublink: marco@gensof.strhold.sublink.ORG       |
    'The bell that rings inside your mind,
        is challenging the doors of time' (QUEEN - 'A kind of magic' - 1985)

cmcmanis@stpeter.Eng.Sun.COM (Chuck McManis) (06/12/90)

In article <399@gensof.strhold.sublink.ORG> (Marco Dabbene) writes:
>I am looking for a Z80 cross assembler for the Amiga. I read tha there is one
>for the 6502 so i thought that one for the Z80 could exist. Really i need
>also the sources since i want to use it also in an UNIX environment.

This is really ugly but it works fine! Get a copy of Charlie Gibbs
SimCPM program. It is available on Xanth and on other ftp sites and
I believe a fish disk or two. Then get a copy of M80/L80 (the
MicroSoft assembler/linker for CP/M) You can now compile Z80 source
code into Intel HEX records on your Amiga. Ugly yes, but you can't
beat the price. I began porting CROSS (an M80 sorta clone written
in DEC-10 assembler but stopped when this met my requirements)

(You can also _almost_ run TurboPascal. It compiles to memory fine but
 chokes after 8K on the write to disk. I suspect the lack of a directory
 extension block. Anyway, if you can't find M80/L80 I can probably copy
 mine and send it to you. You can ask Microsoft but the last time I checked
 they don't sell it any more.)

--
--Chuck McManis						    Sun Microsystems
uucp: {anywhere}!sun!cmcmanis   BIX: <none>   Internet: cmcmanis@Eng.Sun.COM