[comp.sys.amiga] Mail-based file servers

802389263%RUMAC@upr1.upr.cun.edu (Paolo V. Troia) (06/11/90)

Being in a site with no FTP access, I was wondering how many mail-based
file servers out there with Amiga stuff exist. There was a recent posting
about a server at Mount Royal College (MRCserv). I have tried to reach them,
but so far I've gotten no response from them.

Please e-mail the information to me, as I no longer have direct access to
the net (if you do post, please send me a copy of the article).

Thanks in advance,

Paolo V. Troia                          802389263%rumac@upr1.upr.cun.edu
University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez

bscott@nyx.UUCP (Ben Scott) (06/12/90)

In article <21642@snow-white.udel.EDU> 802389263%RUMAC@upr1.upr.cun.edu (Paolo V. Troia) writes:
>Being in a site with no FTP access, I was wondering how many mail-based
>file servers out there with Amiga stuff exist. There was a recent posting
>about a server at Mount Royal College (MRCserv). I have tried to reach them,
>but so far I've gotten no response from them.

I'm in the same boat, now (though I USED to have FTP access, so I had a
taste...) and I was trying out MRCserv, but I didn't get much out of it.  I
sent for a help message and a directory and got them promptly, then asked for
a sample file and received nothing.  After a week I sent mail to the address
given to report problems to, and the person (I'm guessing) that replied (well
he didn't SOUND like Eliza) ("You say you're having problems with the server?")
said basically that he wasn't sure what went wrong, it should have worked, and
to try again and he'd watch for my message.  I tried again, and got nothing
again, and sent him mail again.  This is about 5 days from the last event
and no response.

.                           <<<<Infinite K>>>>

|Ben Scott, professional goof-off and consultant at The Raster Image, Denver|
|Amiga UUCP node: ...!uunet!isis!nyx!orac!bscott  Else: bscott@nyx.cs.du.edu|
|FIDO point address 1:104/421.2, or call the Arvada 68K BBS at (303)424-9831|
|"Don't embarrass us..."  "Have I ever?" - Buckaroo Banzai  | *AMIGA POWER* |