[comp.sys.amiga] Handshake

ugfeldmn@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Jon Feldman) (12/19/88)

[ ]
In a recent message, I wrote that Eric Haberfellner ``doesn't seem to be much
on support,'' in reference to his program, Handshake.

In actuality, I had some gripes with Handshake that I failed to make known to
the author.  The message that I referred to Handshake in was not specifically
about Handshake, nor did the author deserve such a comment.  It was one that
was born of three days of no sleep and much stress; not quite an adaquate
excuse, so...

My apologies go out to Mr. Haberfellner; he was an unwilling target of a grumpy
grinch.  Merry Christmas, all.  Sigh.

								--Jon
--
Jon Z. Feldman                      | "I repeat myself when under stress...
ugfeldmn@joey.cs.buffalo.edu        |  I repeat myself when under stress...

guest@hpfclr.HP.COM (Guest account) (01/18/89)

     Could someone please repost the HANDSHAKE archive to the amig binaries
notes group.  I really want this program, and the archive I got before was
corrupted.

    Please? Thanks.

    Doug Quarnstrom

GDFAMBROUGH%UALR.BITNET%cornellc.cit.cornell.edu@cunyvm.cuny.edu (12/06/89)

Could someone tell me where I can find the latest version of

HANDSHAKE (terminal program).  I am using version 2.12a and

heard that 2.2 was out there somewhere....thanks a million.

                       Gary

filbo@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us (Bela Lubkin) (12/08/89)

In article <5435@nigel.udel.EDU> Gary "GDFAMBROUGH@UALR.BITNET" writes:

>Could someone tell me where I can find the latest version of
>HANDSHAKE (terminal program).  I am using version 2.12a and
>heard that 2.2 was out there somewhere....thanks a million.

Same here.  I've seen this question about 5 times now from different
parties and have yet to see an answer.  If you know anything about
post-2.12a versions of HandShake, please post it to the net -- it is
obviously of interest to many people.

I have mailed twice to the given address of HandShake's author
(mnetor!becker!haberfellner!eric), asking him to confirm his land mail
address so I can make a shareware contribution -- the kind of mail I
would expect to be answered -- and have received nothing after over two
weeks.  The messages did not bounce.  Can anyone confirm that email
address?  Please direct this subject to email; the net certainly doesn't
need five identical answers.  If I get any confirmed information I will
post a summary.

Bela Lubkin    * *    //  filbo@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us  CI$: 73047,1112 (slow)
     @       * *     //  belal@sco.com  ..ucbvax!ucscc!{gorn!filbo,sco!belal}
R Pentomino    *   \X/  Filbo @ Pyrzqxgl +408-476-4633 and XBBS +408-476-4945

eric@haberfellner.UUCP (Eric Haberfellner) (06/13/90)

Gosh, all these nice words about HandShake. I have a news version almost
ready to release. AREXX support, and external protocols, and printer
support, as well as serial devices other than serial.device. Should be out
in a month or so. Just checking compatibility with AmigaDos 2.0 at the
moment. Other goodies as well, can't remember them all at the moment.

Eric Haberfellner (author of Handshake as well as other things).

This Message brought to you by Eric Haberfellner      ____
...utgpu!mnetor!becker!haberfellner!eric              |                |   |
Via Loftus UUCP running on an Amiga 1000.             |___ __     __   |___|
"The amazing thing about a dancing dog is not how     |    | \ | \__   |   |
 well it dances, but that it dances at all"           |___             |   |o