[comp.sys.amiga] Arbitrary precision math

gilgalad@dip.eecs.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) (06/12/90)

Hi.  Anybody know where I can pick up the source to dc?  What about
arbitrary precision math routines?  What about RSA cyphering routines?
I received a reply saying that I should get APML (arbitrary precision
math library).  I checked several locations, but was unable to find it.
Anybody got an idea where I can find any of this?

			Thanks, Ralph

gilgalad@dip.eecs.umich.edu       gilgalad@zip.eecs.umich.edu
gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu     Ralph_Seguin@ub.cc.umich.edu
gilgalad@sparky.eecs.umich.edu    USER6TUN@UMICHUB.BITNET

Ralph Seguin               |  In order to get infinitely many monkeys to type
565 South Zeeb Rd.         | something that actually makes sense, you need to
Ann Arbor, MI 48103        | have infinitely many monkey editors as well.
(313) 662-1506

jrn@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (James R. Norton) (06/13/90)

In article <2599@zipeecs.umich.edu> gilgalad@dip.eecs.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) writes:
> What about
>arbitrary precision math routines?
>
> [stuff deleted]
>			Thanks, Ralph

Well,

You might want to try and write your own routines.  They are not very
difficult to do.

You just have to use a suitable data structure.  Like maybe a linked-list.

Shouldn't be too hard....I had to do it for a programming course at school.

Well, that is my two cents worth.

|     University of Wisconsin   |   James R. Norton      jrn@csd4.csd.uwm.edu |
|            Milwaukee          |  Who needs consultants?                     |