[comp.sys.amiga] New manual set for 2.0?

fenske@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu (Robert Fenske Jr) (05/31/90)

Does anyone know if there will be a new reference manual set for
AmigaDOS 2.0?

--
Robert Fenske, Jr.                      Sw     | The Taming the C*sm*s series:
Electromagnetics Division              /R---\  |

In article <1536@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu> fenske@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu (Robert Fenske Jr) writes:
>Does anyone know if there will be a new reference manual set for
>AmigaDOS 2.0?
YES, a very impressive, thick binder with kilos of paper and MANY
illustrations for the beginner.
--
Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel       E-Mail to
Commodore Frankfurt, Germany         rutgers!cbmvax!cbmbsw!cbmger!peterk

dick@woodwrk.UUCP (Richard H. Wood, Garland, TX, USA) (06/11/90)

>In article <193@cbmger.UUCP> peterk@cbmger.UUCP (Peter Kittel GERMANY) writes:
>In article <1536@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu> fenske@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu (Robert Fenske Jr) writes:
>>Does anyone know if there will be a new reference manual set for
>>AmigaDOS 2.0?

>YES, a very impressive, thick binder with kilos of paper and MANY
>illustrations for the beginner.
>--
>Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel       E-Mail to
>Commodore Frankfurt, Germany         rutgers!cbmvax!cbmbsw!cbmger!peterk

O.K. How much?  Any word on availability?  (Or are we talking about the
manuals that come with the machine.  I'm curious about TECHNICAL manuals,
actually.)

--
d.
___________   _______

blatter@ifi.unizh.ch (Martin Blatter) (06/11/90)

In article <193@cbmger.UUCP> peterk@cbmger.UUCP (Peter Kittel GERMANY) writes:
>In article <1536@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu> fenske@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu (Robert Fenske Jr) writes:
>>Does anyone know if there will be a new reference manual set for
>>AmigaDOS 2.0?
>YES, a very impressive, thick binder with kilos of paper and MANY
>illustrations for the beginner.
>--
>Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel       E-Mail to
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Commodore Frankfurt, Germany         rutgers!cbmvax!cbmbsw!cbmger!peterk

Dr. Kittel - are you the one who does the German translation of the Amiga
manuals? Hopefully it (the translation) will be better for the A3000.
(e.g. translating 'icon' with 'ikone' instead of that terrible 'piktogramm')!

         ///    Martin A. Blatter
        ///     University of Zurich, department of Computer Science
       ///      Switzerland (Europe)
   \\\///       E-Mail: blatter@ifi.unizh.ch
    \XX/        ----------------------------
			          "A day without sunshine is like night"
 "There's a light where the darkness ends" (Taupin)

In article <dick.3976@woodwrk.UUCP> dick@woodwrk.UUCP (Richard H. Wood, Garland, TX, USA) writes:
>     (A3000 / Os2.0 docs)
>O.K. How much?  Any word on availability?  (Or are we talking about the
>manuals that come with the machine.  I'm curious about TECHNICAL manuals,
>actually.)

Oh sorry, I talked about normal User manuals. How the new systems documen-
tation will look I don't yet know. Let's see.

--
Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel      //     E-Mail to
Commodore Frankfurt, Germany      \X/      rutgers!cbmvax!cbmger!peterk