[comp.sys.amiga] LC & BLINK

haj@dione.hts.hsa.nl (06/08/90)

   While trying to compile some programs with the new Lattice C V5.0 compiler,
   I noticed the many options. Now my question, can anyone give me a short summary
   of all the options of the compiler?
   The same trouble with the linker 'BLINK' ... Can anyone help me with this too?
   A short summary with all the options will do!

      Thanks a lot!              J.N.A. Bakker
                                 Hogeschool Alkmaar
                                 Bergerweg 200
                                 Alkmaar
                                 Holland

new@udel.EDU (Darren New) (06/08/90)

In article <1246@titan.hts.hsa.nl> haj@dione.hts.hsa.nl writes:
>   A short summary with all the options will do!

A short summary of all the options for all the programs (LC, BLINK, and
the others) is in the "commands" section of volume 1 of the Lattice 5.0
manuals. Even a short summary is too long to type in and you have a nice
typeset version already.     -- Darren

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (The Veteran Cosmic Rocker) (06/09/90)

In article <1246@titan.hts.hsa.nl> haj@dione.hts.hsa.nl writes:
>   While trying to compile some programs with the new Lattice C V5.0 compiler,
>   I noticed the many options. Now my question, can anyone give me a short summary
>   of all the options of the compiler?
>   The same trouble with the linker 'BLINK' ... Can anyone help me with this too?
>   A short summary with all the options will do!

You can start by checking out pages C9-C21 (for blink) and C40-C63 (for lc,
lc1, and lc2).  Remember to check the addenda on Disk 5 as well.  By the way,
lattice is up to 5.05, so you should upgrade (it's free).

As bad as the Lattice manuals are, they are still useful, and then you don't
have to wait for someone to send you a summary.

You do have the manuals, right?

[please honor the Followup-To line folx... c.s.a is cluttered enough already]

--
Rich Carreiro                                   The Veteran Cosmic Rocker
ARPA: rlcarr@athena.mit.edu

bleys@tronsbox.UUCP (Bill Cavanaugh) (06/09/90)

>You can start by checking out pages C9-C21 (for blink) and C40-C63 (for lc,
>lc1, and lc2).  Remember to check the addenda on Disk 5 as well.  By the way,
>lattice is up to 5.05, so you should upgrade (it's free).
>
>As bad as the Lattice manuals are, they are still useful, and then you don't
>have to wait for someone to send you a summary.
>
>You do have the manuals, right?

Hmm...  That wasn't another "if you ask a question you must be a pirate"
comment, was it? <chuckle>

The manuals are 900 pages, and it's a little daunting to attemt to wade
through it all, especially when you don't understand what some of the
options are, let alone why they're useful.  The manuals are in IBMese, by
which I mean that they're aimed at someone who knows the stuff already but
needs a memory refresher once in a while.

Pointing out where to find the info in the manual is helpful.  Explaining
what it says in the manual would be even more so.

/********************************************************************
 *      All of the above copyright by the below.                    *
 * Bill Cavanaugh       uunet!tronsbox!bleys                        *
 *  "You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever."  *
 *              Larry Anderson                                      *
 ********************************************************************/

alf@xenon.stgt.sub.org (Ingo Feulner) (06/10/90)

In article <1246@titan.hts.hsa.nl> haj@dione.hts.hsa.nl writes:

>   While trying to compile some programs with the new Lattice C V5.0 compiler,
>   I noticed the many options. Now my question, can anyone give me a short summary
>   of all the options of the compiler?
>   The same trouble with the linker 'BLINK' ... Can anyone help me with this too?
>   A short summary with all the options will do!

What about buying?
Oh,  I see in this moment that your realname is missing in the header and I
think you know why!

>      Thanks a lot!              J.N.A. Bakker
>                                 Hogeschool Alkmaar
>                                 Bergerweg 200
>                                 Alkmaar
>                                 Holland

Oh,  there  it  is - your realname.  Ah, Holland, the paradise for crackers
and software piracy!

-Ingo.

--
                     Ingo Feulner - alf@xenon.stgt.sub.org
     Wolfacher Weg 22 - 7030 Boeblingen - (+49) 7031 272691 - West Germany

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (06/13/90)

In article <267060d8-2131.3comp.sys.amiga-1@tronsbox.UUCP>, bleys@tronsbox.UUCP (Bill Cavanaugh) writes:

> The manuals are 900 pages, and it's a little daunting to attemt to wade
> through it all, especially when you don't understand what some of the
> options are, let alone why they're useful.  The manuals are in IBMese, by
> which I mean that they're aimed at someone who knows the stuff already but
> needs a memory refresher once in a while.

I agree totally. I've owned Lattice since mid-1986 and although am very happy
with the compiler (more so now than 3.5 years ago) I've never felt comfortable
with the manuals. I feel like I know 'C' atleast well enough to use it, but
don't know the compiler very well at all. The manuals aren't as bad as 'IBMese'
type manuals are though.

---Mike

--
"Fogtown, I'm out on your street          | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
I'd run if I only had a place to run to"  | DLA Systems Automation Center

ianr@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au (06/15/90)

In article <2529@xenon.stgt.sub.org> alf@xenon.stgt.sub.org (Ingo Feulner) writes:
>In article <1246@titan.hts.hsa.nl> haj@dione.hts.hsa.nl writes:

>>   While trying to compile some programs with the new Lattice C V5.0 compiler,
>>   I noticed the many options. Now my question, can anyone give me a short summary
>>   of all the options of the compiler?
>>   The same trouble with the linker 'BLINK' ... Can anyone help me with this too?
>>   A short summary with all the options will do!

>What about buying?
>Oh,  I see in this moment that your realname is missing in the header and I
>think you know why!

	God there are some idiots around. I thought that you were innocent
before proven guilty. That is the case in Australia. I believe it is the case
in the US. Are things different in Germany, are they? Are they? Leave the
bloody guy alone. If you have any doubt about it, e-mail is probably more
appropriate. Posting in a public place notices like this could possibly be
considered defamation?
	If you doubt whether he has it, you don't have to reply. If nobody
replies, he'll be in real trouble won't he? Or possibly just remain uninformed.
Remember, the onus of proof is on you.

>>      Thanks a lot!              J.N.A. Bakker
>>                                 Hogeschool Alkmaar
>>                                 Bergerweg 200
>>                                 Alkmaar
>>                                 Holland

>Oh,  there  it  is - your realname.  Ah, Holland, the paradise for crackers
>and software piracy!

	Ah Germany, land of Nazis and warmongerers :-) Get real. Enjoy your
mail, it should be rather fun.

>                     Ingo Feulner - alf@xenon.stgt.sub.org
>     Wolfacher Weg 22 - 7030 Boeblingen - (+49) 7031 272691 - West Germany

				Ian