[comp.sys.amiga] Robocop 2 a reminder

davidm@sugar.hackercorp.com (David Martin) (06/10/90)

Everyone be sure to go and see the movie Robocop 2 when it
opens on June 22nd. The Amiga stars as the movies graphics
star. The graphics featured on computers in the movie and
on other electronic devices were creating in part by
Mike Ribble of Houston, TX when Tobor Pictures was filming
here in downtown Houston.
--

will@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (William Chou) (06/11/90)

In article <5813@sugar.hackercorp.com> davidm@sugar.hackercorp.com (David Martin) writes:

>Everyone be sure to go and see the movie Robocop 2 when it
>opens on June 22nd. The Amiga stars as the movies graphics
>star. The graphics featured on computers in the movie and
>on other electronic devices were creating in part by
>Mike Ribble of Houston, TX when Tobor Pictures was filming
>here in downtown Houston.
>--

	Wouldn't it be great to see some of the Robocop II Amiga Animation
   at your local user's group?

	Attn Tobor Pictures & Mike Ribble :

		ROBOCOP ANIMATION WANTED!!

    // "Only Amigas    Be Excellent to Yourself,        And most of all...
\\ //     Make It   And Be Excellent to Eachother.  Be Excellent to Your Amiga!
 \X/     Possible"          - Bill & Ted             will@cunixf.columbia.edu

cg@ami-cg.UUCP (Chris Gray) (06/14/90)

In <5813@sugar.hackercorp.com> davidm@sugar.hackercorp.com (David Martin)
writes:

>Everyone be sure to go and see the movie Robocop 2 when it
>opens on June 22nd. The Amiga stars as the movies graphics
>star. The graphics featured on computers in the movie and
>on other electronic devices were creating in part by
>Mike Ribble of Houston, TX when Tobor Pictures was filming
>here in downtown Houston.

Also be on the lookout for a box about 50% bigger than a washing machine.
It should have creme and black sides, and a shiny black top. One top
corner should be bevelled with a brass letter mu on it. This is the
cabinet for a Myrias parallel supercomputer. From what I've heard, it
came back looking like it had gone through an explosion, so it would
seem they used it for something! (A bunch of us at Myrias are currently
trying to figure out what excuse to use to go see the afternoon opening
of the movie instead of going to interminable meetings :-) )

Chris Gray    usenet: {uunet,alberta}!myrias!ami-cg!cg	  CIS: 74007,1165

xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov (Nigel Tzeng) (06/15/90)

In article <02574.AA02574@ami-cg.UUCP>, cg@ami-cg.UUCP (Chris Gray) writes...
^Also be on the lookout for a box about 50% bigger than a washing machine.
^It should have creme and black sides, and a shiny black top. One top
^corner should be bevelled with a brass letter mu on it. This is the
^cabinet for a Myrias parallel supercomputer. From what I've heard, it
^came back looking like it had gone through an explosion, so it would
^seem they used it for something! (A bunch of us at Myrias are currently
^trying to figure out what excuse to use to go see the afternoon opening
^of the movie instead of going to interminable meetings :-) )
^
^--
^Chris Gray    usenet: {uunet,alberta}!myrias!ami-cg!cg	  CIS: 74007,1165

Tell them you're going to a presentation of a customer product developed on a
Myrias...one that really pushed the limits of the machine ;-)

NT

   // | Nigel Tzeng - STX Inc - NASA/GSFC COBE Project
 \X/  | xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov

Amiga | Standard Disclaimer Applies:  The opinions expressed are my own.