[comp.sys.amiga] OZ & NZ Tech Support

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) (06/15/90)

Geoff McCaughan <geoff@actrix.co.nz> writes:

> Our current theory is that this is because they're too embarrassed to
> admit that most of the developers and a good portion of the user group
> memebers could run rings around their 'technical' staff.
>
> Somebody please do something......

Perhaps *YOU* can do something.  It's just possible that CBM (or
whatever your local corporation is called) cannot realistically support
staffing that area with the technical expertise that you would like to
see.  But you could try to work with then to set up some type of
informal network/BBS system so that interested individuals/organizations
could at least share information.  If you pitched that idea to them,
they might be willing to provide some logistical support, even if they
could not provide technical support.

Attempting to use whatever strengths the local organization has will
certainly be more to your benefit than complaining about their
weaknesses.  If the company is doing as well there as I've heard, they
must not be complete dummies!

   --- Cal
   //  Cal Jones - Internet:  <Jones@UV4.Eglin.AF.Mil>
 \X/               BBS:  904-243-6219  1200-9600HST  340Meg, all Amiga
                         Single Tasking?    *JUST SAY NO!!!*