[comp.sys.amiga] Something like FastLynx wanted

wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) (06/13/90)

I'd like to connect an Amiga to a PC to transfer large files (>2 megs). On
Messydos there are lots of terminal programs that use speeds like 115000
baud. What terminal software for the Amiga is recommended to do such
transfers?

--
------------------------------------
Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com

a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (06/13/90)

In article <04766.AA04766@sosaria.imp.com> wizard@sosaria.imp.com
(Chris Brand) writes:

>I'd like to connect an Amiga to a PC to transfer large files (>2 megs). On
>Messydos there are lots of terminal programs that use speeds like 115000
>baud. What terminal software for the Amiga is recommended to do such
>transfers?

     Rather than a terminal program, I'd use CrossDOS.  It makes
an Amiga's 3 1/2-inch floppy drive act exactly like a 720K IBM
drive; you can read and write MS-DOS disks at full floppy drive
speed.  If you have a 1020 you can even transfer to and from
5 1/4-inch 360K disks, although I've heard that people have
problems with other 5 1/4-inch drives.

     CrossDOS is only about $30, and well worth it as far as I'm
concerned.  However, there's also a publicly-distributable program
called MSH which people seem to like.

     Of course, if I'm on my bridge-board-equipped 2500 I just
AREAD and AWRITE from the IBM side... :-)

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP
Honk if you love geese.

wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) (06/15/90)

In article <2099@mindlink.UUCP> a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) says:
> In article <04766.AA04766@sosaria.imp.com> wizard@sosaria.imp.com
> (Chris Brand) writes:
>
> >I'd like to connect an Amiga to a PC to transfer large files (>2 megs). On
> >Messydos there are lots of terminal programs that use speeds like 115000
> >baud. What terminal software for the Amiga is recommended to do such
> >transfers?
>
>      Rather than a terminal program, I'd use CrossDOS.  It makes

OK, I know it's great, but I have files in the size range of 4 megabytes to
get over to msdos (yes, yes, 24 bit pictures :-)

This is rather difficult with disks...or is there a split/unsplit program
that has versions for both Amiga and MSDOS?

--