[comp.sys.amiga] What tex fonts can I delete?

wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) (06/14/90)

My TeX fonts take up too much space, the pk and tfm files together over
27000 blocks on my harddisk. I want to reduce this amount by deleting some
pk files. However, I don't know which.
Suppose I only use the default fonts (with modifications like italic, math,
bold and so on) and use only the sizes given to me by Tex (with section
headers, subsections, titles and so on), what pk files could I delete then?
My primary output devices are my 24 pin printer and a postscript device.

--
------------------------------------
Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com

rusty@mimsy.umd.edu (Rusty Haddock) (06/16/90)

In article <04834.AA04834@sosaria.imp.com> wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) writes:

>My TeX fonts take up too much space, the pk and tfm files together over
>27000 blocks on my harddisk. I want to reduce this amount by deleting some
>pk files. However, I don't know which.
>headers, subsections, titles and so on), what pk files could I delete then?
>My primary output devices are my 24 pin printer and a postscript device.

My primary output device, not counting the previewer, is the DeskJet+.

Some sort of script that I could call from `cron' would be nice to have.
The script I could probably write although I'd like to know which files
I can nuke.

TeX is not something I use all the time so I'd like to reclaim the
space that doesn't get used all that much.

		-Rusty-