[comp.sys.amiga] CLtd/Kronos

a946@mindlink.UUCP (Ernie Gorrie) (06/12/90)

        The people you should get in touch with for C Ltd. SCSI stuff is
Microdyn.  I believe they are in Wichita KS.  They are doing follow up support
for the C Ltd SCSI drive systems.  (BTW, I noticed in the July AmigaWorld that
Briwall is again offering hard drive systems using the Kronos controller.  I
wonder if it has been resurrected?)

        If C Ltd. or Ed J. Lippert II owes you money (as they/he owes me), I
understand he is currently at Hardware House (telephone # 316-264-0125).  If
you give Ed a call, let him know I say hi ;), and that I am continuing to
pursue my money through the office of the Attorney-General of Kansas.  NOTE: No
:).
--
No Fancy Signature Here Just: Ernie_Gorrie@mindlink.UUCP
(Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)

thomas@eklektik.UUCP (/dev/tty000) (06/16/90)

In article <30787@cup.portal.com> McTAG@cup.portal.com (Timothy John McTaggart) writes:
>Yah - My CLTD SCSI for my A1000 is running fine toooo... Glad I didn't get
>the Kronos. CLTD owes me 130 bucks for an Adaptec card I sent back after
>I decided to go with an SCSI embeded ST296N.
>
>If and when the controller goes I will just plug the HD into my (when I get
>it), A3000.

I only have one question for you.  What kind of speeds are you getting out of
the CLtd SCSI board with an embedded SCSI drive.  I am running a Conner CP-340
and get extremely slow results.  I was wondering if you were encountering the
same difficulty and if not, what is your interleave set to and what program did
you use to format it low level?  Thanks in advance!

--
         ____
        / / /  Amiga 1000  | Thomas "Maverick" Schwarz  -  Sirius Software

McTAG@cup.portal.com (Timothy John McTaggart) (06/18/90)

Thomas - I am not too sure how fast my access times are but they seem pretty
good to me (comparing them to others I have seen). Even now that it has close
to 70 megs full it runs great. My interleave is set at 2 and I formatted it
using GENFORMAT. I have it set in two partitions just in case somthing were
to go bad on it I would only loose half of the data. Ever try backing up an
80 meg drive with 880k floppies?? I should get a tape backup drive - but I
would rather save up and get one of those read/rwite CD's things.

Later - Tim McT