[comp.sys.amiga] PROGRAMMING THE AMIGA....C OR MODULA2

davidm@sugar.hackercorp.com (David Martin) (06/17/90)

ALL:
   Programming the Amiga can be fun, but its not when the complier
your using is not supported. I really like Modula-2, but with recent
developements like the loss of M2S (makers of M2 Sprint) programming
in M2 can be down right dangerous. Other compilers whiee availablee
are not supported or improved. For example Benchmark has been around
for eons with few improvments or even bug fixes that I know
of. So with that off my chest...

   I have decided to switch to C as the programming language
of choice. Lattice C is well supportted and that is what I will
be using. If anyone knows of a version greater than 5.04 please
let me know. Also if you can tell my  how to use Cygnus Ed, Arexx
and Lattice C together I would be grateful. Also can you recommend
good bks on C prging?
--

stewartw@cognos.UUCP (Stewart Winter) (06/27/90)

In article <5914@sugar.hackercorp.com> davidm@sugar.hackercorp.com (David Martin) writes:
>in M2 can be down right dangerous. Other compilers whiee availablee
>are not supported or improved. For example Benchmark has been around
>for eons with few improvments or even bug fixes that I know
>of. So with that off my chest...

   Well, Benchmark now has a source level debugger.  Personally, I
consider this to be a major improvement to the programming environment.
As far as bug fixes go:  what bugs have you found that aren't fixed???

   I know that some work could be done to improve code speed, but this
stuff always scares me -- look at the problems it has caused with both
C compilers.

--
Stewart Winter                Cognos Incorporated   S-mail: P.O. Box 9707
VOICE: (613) 738-1338 x3830   FAX: (613) 738-0002           3755 Riverside Drive