[comp.sys.amiga] Commodore control

pnakada@oracle.com (Paul Nakada) (06/27/90)

In article <12953@cbmvax.commodore.com> grr@cbmvax.commodore.com (George Robbins) writes:
   In article <2774@zipeecs.umich.edu> gilgalad@dip.eecs.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) writes:
   > When Commodore released 1.32 Amiga OS, there was great concern over
   > its purity (ie, could I FTP it being assured that it did not have
   > a virus in it).  Commodore should set up a disk, and allow anonymous
   > FTP to it, thereby ensuring anything they release to the public can
   > be safely distributed.

   Unfortunatly, Commodore isn't on the Internet, which makes anonymous FTP
   a bit on the difficult side.  Perhaps something could be done with a BBS
   but offering upgrade packs seems to be the preferred method.

Adobe has an mail-based file server which they supply the source to.
If you would like information, just

% mail ps-file-server@adobe.com

help

the source for the server can be found under the Programs category...

-Paul Nakada
--

Paul Nakada  |  Oracle Corporation  |  pnakada@oracle.com