[comp.sys.amiga] Logo:

steve@digibd (Steve Wahl) (06/28/90)

In article <31056@cup.portal.com> FelineGrace@cup.portal.com (Dana B Bourgeois) writes:
>I have been following this thread with some interest and one of the
>tangents seems to be that the Amiga with (insert favorite language)
>would be the perfect computer for kids in school.  Now about this time
>I am wondering:
>   "Is Commodore interested in replacing all those Apple ][+ machines
>    in schools with Amigas?"

#if (you're-into-douglas-adams-books)

The answer is: 42 :-) :-)

#endif

I don't think you're asking the right question.  I think the real
question should be:

     "Are any of the schools with all of those Apple ][+ machines
      interested in replacing them with Amigas?"

The answer probably goes something like this:

     "Can we take all our old disks and programs from the Apple ]['s
      and use them on an Amiga?"

The above portion of this post could have probably been taken care
of by E-mail, but I posted to see if I could get a response to the
rest of this:

There has been much talk on the net about an Apple II emulator for the
Amiga, and how it invites all sorts of legal problems with making
copies of the ROM's and such.  I have come up with a few more
questions on the subject.

1) Where do the Laser-brand Apple II compatibles get their ROMS?

2) Radio Shack supposedly has a board they can stick in their Tandy
   1000 line to run Apple II software.

    a> What do they use for ROM's?
    b> Would this thing work off of a bridgeboard?

(Yes, I know. 2b is a real sick idea :-)

Does someone know the answers to these?

--> Steve

--

Steve Wahl               uunet!digibd!steve
DigiBoard Inc.