[comp.sys.amiga] JDCP

graham@venus.iucf.indiana.edu (JIM GRAHAM) (06/27/90)

Some time ago, I remember running across a shareware package called
"JDCP", which i believe, allowed one to access uucp/usenet with the
Amiga.  I know of UUCP, but am trying to evaluate any other packages
before actual implementation.

Can anyone tell me where (preferable via ftp) I may find JDCP?

Thanks.

-> ->Disclaimer: IMHO, all of my opinions belong to ME.<- <-
| Bitnet:   GRAHAM@IUCF.BITNET                             |
| Internet: graham@venus.iucf.indiana.edu                  |
| BBS:      The PORTAL DOLMEN, (812) 334-0418, 24hrs.      |
|__________________________________________________________|

space@ncc1701.stgt.sub.org (Lars Soltau) (06/28/90)

In article <2146@cica.cica.indiana.edu> graham@venus.iucf.indiana.edu (JIM GRAHAM) writes:
>Some time ago, I remember running across a shareware package called
>"JDCP", which i believe, allowed one to access uucp/usenet with the
>Amiga.  I know of UUCP, but am trying to evaluate any other packages
>before actual implementation.
>
>Can anyone tell me where (preferable via ftp) I may find JDCP?

JDCP is copyrighted freeware. (Do the letters GNU say anything to you? :-)

The big difference between JDCP (based on UUPC) and DUUCP (based on AmigaUUCP)
is that JDCP stores articles in news2.11 format, while DUUCP uses its own
format. So an incoming article would be stored as

NEWS:comp/sys/amiga/12345

with JDCP and as

NEWS:comp.sys.amiga/12345

with DUUCP. I for one like the JDCP format much better.

JDCP is also able to use a Trailblazer at 19200 bit/s. With DUUCP, transfer
stops after 1 file, and uucico terminates.

The author of JDCP, Christian Motz, can be reached (hopefully, if this domain
stuff works for a change) at root@dialog.stgt.sub.org. He doesn't read c.s.a
anymore (too much garbage), but he is still reading c.s.a.t.

--
Lars Soltau     bang: <insert ridiculously long path>   Bix: -- no bucks --
                smart: space@ncc1701.stgt.sub.org