[comp.sys.amiga] Fligh Simulators on the A3000

cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) (06/28/90)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
Subject: Flight Simulators on the A3000
Is it that hard to include code in a program to detect a faster
cpu and account for it in game speed?  I REALLY want to play some
of those NEATO (TM) flight simulators after I get my A3000-25mhz.
However, I don't want to go careening into a mountain with every
touch of the mouse either. :-)

Do most developers take varying speeds in machines into account
when they write software?  I am amazed that so many things are
breaking on the 68030 since the 030 and 020 cards from CBM have
been around for quite some time.

Will this be an ongoing problem with the faster machines or
will developers eventually write better behaved code that
can deal with the new hardware?  I don't play games very often,
but a little fun now and again is why I'm buying the a3000
instead of a souped-up 386 box.

As always, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris Mauritz                 |Donde hay una cerveza
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |hay un plan.
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |El Guerrero Aereo es el rey!