[comp.sys.amiga] Star Trek help needed...

Andy Hartman (Amiga Man) <amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu> (06/28/90)

I need help with the PD version (from Xanth) of Star Trek.  Has anyone made
up a map or at least written some/all of the coordinates for the planets and
starbases/etc?  I really don't consider this game much of an enjoyment
without the map.  Hell, even Captain Kirk knew where he was going.

I would like to send in the shareware fee, but not unless I fell the game is
worth it and I don't without some sort of map.  Also, has anyone gotten the
beginning animation to come up?  I got my copy from Xanth and I can't seem
to get the animation to come up.  I tried to reset it inside the game (I
DID RTFM) like it said, but I can't get it to work.

Thanks for the help,
AMH

In article <49061@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Amiga Man) writes:
>I need help with the PD version (from Xanth) of Star Trek.  Has anyone made
>up a map or at least written some/all of the coordinates for the planets and
>starbases/etc?  I really don't consider this game much of an enjoyment
>without the map.  Hell, even Captain Kirk knew where he was going.
>
>I would like to send in the shareware fee, but not unless I fell the game is
>worth it and I don't without some sort of map.  Also, has anyone gotten the
>beginning animation to come up?  I got my copy from Xanth and I can't seem
>to get the animation to come up.  I tried to reset it inside the game (I
>DID RTFM) like it said, but I can't get it to work.
>
>Thanks for the help,
>AMH

Well, if you remember the Enterprise mission statement ("boldly go where no
man has gone before") it's pretty unlikely that Captain Kirk had a map.
Perhaps you should treat mapmaking as part of the challenge of the game?

Kent, the man from xanth.