[comp.sys.amiga] CC Front end for Lattice C 5.0x?

alf@xenon.stgt.sub.org (Ingo Feulner) (06/10/90)

Does anyone know about an UNIX-like cc front-end for Lattice C 5.0x
and where I can get it?

Thanx, Ingo.

--
                     Ingo Feulner - alf@xenon.stgt.sub.org
     Wolfacher Weg 22 - 7030 Boeblingen - (+49) 7031 272691 - West Germany

bader+@andrew.cmu.edu (Miles Bader) (06/12/90)

There's one available by anonymous FTP from woodstock.andrew.cmu.edu.  The
file to get is "pub/cc.zoo".  [It's available elsewhere, but this copy
includes a previously missing source file]

-Miles

bader+@andrew.cmu.edu (Miles Bader) (06/13/90)

jhon@menkar.GSFC.NASA.GOV (Honce. Jhon) writes:
> In article <QaR2kMa00Vsa08O_ZS@andrew.cmu.edu> you write:
> >There's one available by anonymous FTP from woodstock.andrew.cmu.edu.  The
> >file to get is "pub/cc.zoo".  [It's available elsewhere, but this copy
> >includes a previously missing source file]
>
> This would be great but anon/ftp results in:
>
> Warning: Running with no /AndrewSetup file and the Vice file /cmu does not exist
> ; system is probably badly configured
> ftp> Warning: Running with no /AndrewSetup file and the Vice file /cmu does not
> exist; system is probably badly configured
>
> Could you Email or Repost when this machine is ready?

Ok, it's fixed now...

-Miles

donw@zehntel.zehntel.com (Don White) (06/16/90)

In article <2527@xenon.stgt.sub.org> alf@xenon.stgt.sub.org (Ingo Feulner) writes:
>Does anyone know about an UNIX-like cc front-end for Lattice C 5.0x
>and where I can get it?
>                     Ingo Feulner - alf@xenon.stgt.sub.org

     The Lattice C 5.0x offering has much better than a UNIX-like cc front end!
  It has LMK which is a decent MAKE utility!  In addition there is lc which
  invokes both passes (and optionally the linker).

     So, why the fascination with 'cc'?  I don't get it.

     (Hope I don't sound TOO stupid.)

*    Don White                          *
*    Box 271177 Concord, CA. 94527-1177 * <The patented Don White mini-sig>
*    zehntel!donw                       *

alf@xenon.stgt.sub.org (Ingo Feulner) (06/29/90)

In article <3204@crash.cts.com> jcs@crash.cts.com (John Schultz) writes:
>In article <2544@xenon.stgt.sub.org> alf@xenon.stgt.sub.org (Ingo Feulner) writes:
>[stuff deleted]
>>
>>Yes,  that's  a real problem.  And though the compiler passes take a lot of
>>CPU-time the performance is rather bad.  If I see a Turbo-C Compiler on the
>>****(sorry)  Atari  ST  ,  which  compiles  up  to 4000 lines/sec, then I'm
>>*really*  disappointed.   For  comparison,  Lattice  makes  not  more  than
>>approximately 700 lines/sec.
>
>  Benchmark Modula-2 compiles 10,000-30,000 lines per *minute*, and Lattice
>is about 2,000 lines per minute. *4,000 lines/sec = 240,000 lines/minute!
>700 lines/sec = 42,000 lines/minute*. Even LightSpeed C on the Mac II is only
>100,000 lines/minute (last time I used it). Something's askew with
>those numbers :-).

Yes,  of  course,  I  meant MINUTES and not seconds...  Where have I put my
brain?   :-)
But  Lattice  makes  really  only up to 800 lines/min(now I got it) and not
2000.   (And  this  of  course only if you don't use the optimizer.).  I've
tested  it  with several source code lengths, and I came not over 800.  How
do you get this high performance?

>  John

-Ingo.