[comp.sys.amiga] SPEAK ABOUT GAMES !

buffa@sardaigne.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) (06/28/90)

Kent, Dave, I'm fed up with all this garbage ! We are here to talk about
games, not about "Do you think we should say this on the net ?" or "I'll never
play a game that doesn't use the clipboard device!", or "Amiga games vs
IBM pc games".

The messages here must talk about games themselves: are they good or not, are
they available, I sell a game, I'm looking for this game, game reviews, game
ratings. No technical garbage, no boring bullshits !

So, let's talk about games:

I tried recently several games:

PROJECTYLE: the last Electronic arts game. A kind of Speedball for 1 to 3
players. Seemed very playable, with good animation and a lot of options. If I
had the money, I would have bought this one. It recognizes the joystick
expansion port, so 3 joysticks can be used. The guys in the shop said it was a
very good game (not the seller, the teenagers that were trying it).

FIRE and BRIMSTONE: Very nice graphics, very difficult. Maybe interesting, but
not the kind of game I like.

THE KILLING GAME SHOW: a Psygnosis game: very nice graphics and sound, perfect
animation, and VERY GOOD PLAYABILITY. I tried this for half an hour and
enjoyed it much. You are in a gigantic cavern with water at the bottom. The
water level increases, so you must elevate yourself to stay alive. There are
keys to find, doors to open, a lot of bonuses: extra weapons, water freezer...
It's not a shoot'em'up, it's a platform game. Parallax smooth scrolling. When
you die, if you do nothing, there is a replay of your last life; as soon as
You move the joystick, you take control of the robot in the middle of the
replay. It's good because you can take control just before you died and
progress easily in the game. I didn't pass level 1, but it was a real gigantic
maze, with a lot of doors to open, walls to climb... Seemed a very good game.
Very original. Very well done (Reflections in the water, perfect animation..)

ROTOX: an other US GOLD game (US GOLD usually = shit). This one was original:
it's a shoot'em'up but when you move or turn, the whole screens rotate (vector
graphics), the sprites follow the rotation... It's rather slow but looked
funny for 10 minutes. Anyway, I'll never buy an US GOLD GAME: only ST ports.

Michel Buffa:       Projet Robotvis, INRIA, France

    Internet:       buffa@sardaigne.inria.fr
Surface Mail:       Michel BUFFA, INRIA - Sophia Antipolis,
                    2004, route des Lucioles, 06565 Valbonne Cedex -- FRANCE
 Voice phone:       (33) 93.65.78.39, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 65

bli@aludra.usc.edu (@usc.edu) (06/29/90)

In article <8251@mirsa.inria.fr> buffa@mirsa.inria.fr writes:

>Kent, Dave, I'm fed up with all this garbage ! We are here to talk about
>games, not about "Do you think we should say this on the net ?" or "I'll never
>play a game that doesn't use the clipboard device!", or "Amiga games vs
>IBM pc games".

Please, if you wish to talk GAMES only, don't crosspost to c.s.amiga,
keep it in c.s.amiga.games.