[comp.sys.amiga] HP-compatible laserprinters and AmigaTeX

allen@grebyn.com (Allen Farrington) (06/28/90)

July Byte has comparisons and mini-reviews of 18 HP Compatables.

--Allen

--
|------------------------------------------|
|------------------------------------------|                    -Mr. Spock

tomb@hplsla.HP.COM (Tom Bruhns) (06/30/90)

kosma%human-torch@stc.lockheed.com (Monty Kosma) writes:

>Does anybody out there use a so-called HP LJII compatible laser printer
>with AmigaTex?  I'm about to buy a laser printer and I'm planning on
>getting a HP LaserJet IIP unless somebody tells me that one of these
>"compatible" printers will work fine...I'm mostly curious about the
>Okidata OkiLaser 400 (I think!) and the new Epson laser printer that are
>both around $1000.

Local computer dealers (not known for particularly deep discounts) have
recently advertised "the real thing" -- an HP LaserJet IIP -- for under
$700 when an HP rebate is included.