[comp.sys.amiga] Beginning Amiga 'C' with OS2.0

BARRETT@owl.ecil.iastate.edu (Marc Barrett) (06/16/90)

   I am interested in carrying my limited programming skills in 'C'
to the Amiga, but I would like to start programming with OS2.0.  The
reason is that OS2.0 appears to be easier to program, with the
elimination of B-pointers and everything else left over from BCPL.

   My question is, how long will it be until such books as 'Intro to
The Amiga with C' and other similar books are revised to include
the updated features of OS2.0?

maverick@floopy.UUCP (Thomas Schwarz) (06/28/90)

>Thomas Schwarz <maverick@floopy.uucp> wrote:
>
>All official communication refers to the new release as AmigaOS 2.0.
>							      ^^
Well the Educational Discount Papers that I have seen saw AmigaDOS 2.0. I
haven't seen any other papers that would have the name listed but it would
seem silly to change the name to AmigaOS 2.0 in mid stream.

--
	 ____
	/ / /  Amiga 1000  | Thomas "Maverick" Schwarz  -  Sirius Software

GWO110%URIACC.BITNET@brownvm.brown.edu (F. Michael Theilig) (06/30/90)

     I perfer the name for the origonal OS for the Amiga: CAOS!

 "Um, sorry, chief."

 ----
      F. Michael Theilig  -  The University of Rhode Island at Little Rest
                            GWO110 at URIACC.Bitnet
                            GKZ117 at URIACC.Bitnet

"Gooooood coffee."