[comp.sys.amiga] Discount & AmigaVision news from CBM

ruslan@uncecs.edu (Robin C. LaPasha) (07/02/90)

>Date: Fri, 29 Jun 90 10:18:25 EDT
>From: holland@cbmvax.commodore.com (Fred Holland - Ed Marketing)

>You can post any of the following:

>1. Warranty on Education Bundles

>All education bundles purchased after the January 1, 1990 roll-out
>of the Commodore Education purchase program are covered by the one
>year warranty on the complete package. You MUST have a copy of the
>PROOF OF DELIVERY form from the local dealer.

So, for those of us who got an educational bundle, there WAS a piece
of paper we were supposed to get.  One we (supposedly) signed, that
(apparently) had our computer's serial numbers on it.  A piece of paper
that could be WAY important now that there's a nice warrantee program.

>2. AmigaVision in Education Bundles

>All education bundle purchases after April 25 (date of Amiga 3000
>announcement) qualify for an AmigaVision coupon available from the
>dealer. The date on your PO, check or Money Order represents the date of
>purchase for this offer. If the dealer does not have the coupon,
>a letter to customer service and a PHOTOCOPY OF PROOF OF DELIVERY will
>provide the user with a copy of AmigaVision. The mailing address:

>AmigaVision Coupon Offer
>Customer Service
>Commodore Business Machines
>1200 Wilson Drive
>West Chester, PA  19380

>Please no phone calls. A cover letter requesting a copy and photocopy of
>the "proof of delivery" form.

>NOTE: The AmigaVision Coupon is valid for purchases between
>4-24-90 and 8-31-90. It MUST be redeemed by 9-30-90. You must
>provide the CPU serial number. Only original, unaltered coupons
>will be accepted. Limited to one copy of AmigaVision per CPU purchased.

So that's the word.  If you bought your Amiga after launch, you
get AmigaVision, but if you haven't heard from your dealer about it
you should contact him/her or the above folks sometime this summer.

>3. June 30 is the LAST DAY OF THE USER UPGRADE OFFER ON THE EDUCATION
>PURCHASE PROGRAM. Qualified end users can purchase components with CPUs
>or bundled systems at the education discount under the program. After
>June 30, 1990 qualified end users who own an Amiga can not buy at the
>education discounted pricing for components WITHOUT CPU OR BUNDLE.

>Therefore, if you own an Amiga and fall into the "qualified end user"
>category defined on the Commodore Education Purchase program terms and
>conditions; you can purchase components without cpu or system until
>June 30, 1990. The date on your PO, check, or Money Order represents
>the cut off date for this promotion.

>After June 30, 1990. Individuals can not purchase components at the
>education pricing. The components are shown at education pricing for
>users to "custom" configure a system for their application. Institutions
>can purchase components with a PO.

My apologies on the timing, but as you can see from the maildate at the
top, I didn't get the answer until midmorning on the 30th.  It would've
been a lot of paperwork to push in half a day anyways.

--
Robin LaPasha              |Keeper of the Amiga