[comp.sys.amiga] sending mouse message to Workbench - repost

ISCOVE%UTOROCI.bitnet@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca (07/01/90)

I want to write a simple CLI program that would make Workbench
think I had just double-clicked on one of the disk icons.  I
assume this could be done by sending an appropriate Intuimessage
to the Workbench process.  Does anyone have a bit of code that
would point the way?  Perhaps the example would be interesting
enough to justify bandwidth on the net.

Norman Iscove   iscove@utoroci  (bitnet)

In article <23323@snow-white.udel.EDU> ISCOVE%UTOROCI.bitnet@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca writes:
>I want to write a simple CLI program that would make Workbench
>think I had just double-clicked on one of the disk icons.  I
>assume this could be done by sending an appropriate Intuimessage
>to the Workbench process.

Try the program MovePointer of Fish disk 87. This is not done by
sending an Intuimessage but by invoking the Input device telling it
an input event (like mouse move/click) has happened. But watch out,
the click feature of the said program is not able to do a real doubleclick.
To patch this I modified the provided source by replacing IECODE_NOBUTTON
through SELECTUP.

--
Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel      //     E-Mail to
Commodore Frankfurt, Germany      \X/      rutgers!cbmvax!cbmger!peterk

rick@tmiuv0.uucp (07/03/90)

In article <23323@snow-white.udel.EDU>, ISCOVE%UTOROCI.bitnet@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca writes:
> I want to write a simple CLI program that would make Workbench
> think I had just double-clicked on one of the disk icons.  I
> assume this could be done by sending an appropriate Intuimessage
> to the Workbench process.  Does anyone have a bit of code that
> would point the way?  Perhaps the example would be interesting
> enough to justify bandwidth on the net.
>
> Norman Iscove   iscove@utoroci  (bitnet)

Khalid Aldoseri wrote a NIFTY little program called Scripit which does all
of that kind of thing by using a script.  Anything you can do with a keyboard
and mouse and your fingers, Scripit can do from a script.  It includes an
ARexx port and all kinds of wonderful things.  It's really nice!

It's available on CompuServe in the AmigaTech forum.  Khalid lives in
Bahrain, and isn't on the net.  Hmmm...maybe I'll ask him if I could post
it for him.
[- O] Rick Stevens
  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop
  V   CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355@compuserve.com from Internet)

"I'm tellin' ya, Valiant!  Da whole ting stinks like yesterday's diapers!"
                                - Baby Herman in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"