[comp.sys.amiga] 3000 and toaster help needed...

MIKER@S62.Prime.COM (06/26/90)

I am new at the whole Amiga world but want badly to get into it
in a semi-big way.  I am a frustrated IBM pc owner and wish to
continue my interest in video without breaking the bank. So...

A couple of questions if anyone can help:

1. Has anyone else heard of the 3000 shipping besides Ohio..I read
this
this morning.
2. Will CBM extend their AmigaVision bundle beyond 6/30 since
finding a place to take an order was rather hard until this last
week.  I tried several places only to hear, we can't take orders
yet...or I don't hve my pricing to tell you what I can do for you.

3.  Any news on NewTek's video toaster.....I have tried to call them
with no luck. If I can purchase their board and combine a specials
effects capability along with a framgrabber capability and multiple
video inputs ...it would make sense to do it...are they selling yet
anywhere?

4.  And to answer someone who asked if it would be helpful to have
him summarize which software will work on the 3000...YES it would
be a big help. I feel kind of unsure of which old software will
work with the 3000 versus those which will not work. All help here
would be greatly appreciated by all...I'd think. CBM input would
be most helpful.

tks for any posting to help me ...I don't have anyway to see replys
accept posting under this category on our usernet.

tks, miker Prime Computer, Framingham, Ma.
Mike Roberts
508-879-2960 x4196
508-835-3378 (home)

gerber@buzzer.enet.dec.com (Robert M. Gerber) (06/29/90)

> 1. Has anyone else heard of the 3000 shipping besides Ohio..I read
	There have been A3000's in New England for a week now.  The Memory Location
got a dozen in last Friday.  Other stores should have it by now, however
The Memory Location
gives a decent discount off of list.  They have A3000/25's.  (They are
also probably the nearest dealer to you.)  (Take Route 9 East, turn left
(West) on 16.  Go half mile, store on left.)

		The Memory Location
		396 Washington Street
		Wellesley, MA 02181
		617/237-6846

> 2. Will CBM extend their AmigaVision bundle beyond 6/30 since
> finding a place to take an order was rather hard until this last
> week.  I tried several places only to hear, we can't take orders
> yet...or I don't hve my pricing to tell you what I can do for you.

	Most new Amigas will come with AmigaVision.  If you are talking the
student discount,
check with a store.  (The Memory Location does a good job with handling
the student discount.)

> 3.  Any news on NewTek's video toaster.....I have tried to call them
> with no luck. If I can purchase their board and combine a specials
> effects capability along with a framgrabber capability and multiple
> video inputs ...it would make sense to do it...are they selling yet
> anywhere?

	Try contacting them directly or ask at a computer store.  They are
probably still
awaiting FCC certification.

> 4.  And to answer someone who asked if it would be helpful to have
> him summarize which software will work on the 3000...YES it would
> be a big help. I feel kind of unsure of which old software will
> work with the 3000 versus those which will not work. All help here
> would be greatly appreciated by all...I'd think. CBM input would
> be most helpful.

	The Memory Location has done a good bit of this.
> tks for any posting to help me ...I don't have anyway to see replys
> accept posting under this category on our usernet.
>
> tks, miker Prime Computer, Framingham, Ma.

	Your welcome.

	Additional Disclaimer: I don't work for the Memory Location, I just
spend too much money
there.  They are the best store in the area, and sell a good deal of
stuff under list price.  And they
have a great deal of knowledge.
---------
Robert M. Gerber		  UUCP:	...!decwrl!oldjon.enet!gerber
				  INET:	gerber@oldjon.enet.dec.com

Any opinions represented here are definetly not those of my employer.
Come to think of it, they may not be mine either!

---------

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (07/04/90)

In article <419500034@S62.Prime.COM> MIKER@S62.Prime.COM writes:

>I am new at the whole Amiga world but want badly to get into it
>in a semi-big way.  I am a frustrated IBM pc owner and wish to
>continue my interest in video without breaking the bank. So...
>
>A couple of questions if anyone can help:
>
>1. Has anyone else heard of the 3000 shipping besides Ohio..I read
>this
>this morning.

I called J&R Music World this morning.  They had *4* A3000-25mhz
machines in stock.  The price is $3099 without a monitor.  That
is roughly $500 higher than you'd get with the educational
discount if you include the cost of purchasing a monitor.  You
can reach them at:

800-221-8180

or

J&R Computer World
15 Park Row
New York, NY  10038

Note:  I'm not affiliated with these guys in any way.  I just stopped
       in there this morning on my way to work and left with a smile. :)

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Mauritz                 |Donde hay una cerveza
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |hay un plan.
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |El Guerrero Aereo es el rey!