[comp.sys.amiga] Please make my life just a tiny bit nicer

Scott.Maxwell@samba.acs.unc.edu (BBS Account) (07/04/90)

     A long-time user of AmigaBASIC, I'm finally moving up to C (stop cheering
and just pay attention!). Specifically, I'm using PDC v3.33, which I finally
got working this afternoon.
     But one of the things I can already tell I'm going to miss about BASIC
(even buggy ol' AmigaBASIC (gee, thanks, MicroSoft)) is the powerful screen-
and window-handling routines. What I'm looking for is something that will
allow me to open screens & windows in C with the same ease AmigaBASIC
provides. Something like:

#include <easygfx.h>
SCREEN(320,200,5,LORES,NOLACE); /* Open a 320x200, 5-bitplane, etc. screen */
WINDOW(0,0,100,100,RESIZE,DRAG); /* Open a 100x100 window at the top left-hand
                                    corner, with the indicated options */
PLOT(x,y,kolor); /* Plots point (x,y) in color # kolor, of course */

     Is there a set of header files in the PD that will allow this? Or,
perhaps, some PowerWindows-like PD program? (I'd really prefer the former
option, if this beggar can be a chooser.) Or, maybe, if someone would just
mail me some (commented) routines that do all the above and work under PDC
(the Manx/Lattice code I've tried doesn't seem to work because the header
files don't exist under PDC -- and I don't know what to do about it). Thanks.

-----
Scott Maxwell (CSMAXWEL@ECUVM1.BITNET or Scott.Maxwell@samba.acs.unc.edu)

bli@aludra.usc.edu (07/04/90)

In article <480@beguine.UUCP> Scott.Maxwell@samba.acs.unc.edu (BBS Account) writes:

>and window-handling routines. What I'm looking for is something that will
>allow me to open screens & windows in C with the same ease AmigaBASIC
>provides. Something like:

[... example deleted ...]

there are two libs that may do what you want. (those are link-time LIBS, not
header files).. I am thinking specifically about GIMME.LIB which
appeared on c.s.amiga.src some time ago, and GWIN.LIB, which is on a fish
disk.

(I never got GIMME.LIB to compile right... Don't remember what the problem
was, I only tried once or twice... But GWIN.LIB is already compiled...)

PS. If anyone has GIMME.LIB compiled for Aztec (32 bit), can you mail it to
me? I'd appreciate it.