[comp.sys.amiga] Ami Expo in LA ? When ? Where ?

rgty_lds@waikato.ac.nz (06/29/90)

Question Re: Ami-Expo in L.A region.

I hope to be in the Los Angeles area in late August and am interested to know
if there will be any Amiga related Expositions on ?

Amiga Magazines seem to take forever to reach the Book Shops at this end of
the globe.

    ***********  Thanks in advance to those who can help  **************

+------------------------------+-------------------------+---------------------+
!Leigh Sherwen                 !Administrative DP Manager!Usual Disclaimer     !
!Phone: 64 71 384092           !University of Waikato    !Inane Quote          !
!Fax:   64 71 560135           !Hamilton                 !Sicker Joke          !
!EMail: L.Sherwen@Waikato.ac.NZ!New Zealand              !Empty Thought        !
+------------------------------+-------------------------+---------------------+

hrlaser@crash.cts.com (Harv Laser) (06/29/90)

In article <903.268b6191@waikato.ac.nz> rgty_lds@waikato.ac.nz writes:
>Question Re: Ami-Expo in L.A region.
>
>I hope to be in the Los Angeles area in late August and am interested to know
>if there will be any Amiga related Expositions on ?
>
>Amiga Magazines seem to take forever to reach the Book Shops at this end of
>the globe.

Eeek.. you'll be a couple months too early.  An AmiExpo is scheduled
for Anaheim, CA in October.  The Expo guys finally got wise and
after two shows in Downtown L.A. (blech) they've moved it down to
an area with an abundance of inexpensive hotel rooms, zillions of
eateries, and of course Disneyland will be almost literally "across
the street" from the Expo.

Maybe you can get your say extended a couple months? :-)

While you're in the area though you might want to check out a store
called Creative Computers which is located in a shopping center
at the corner of Hawthorne Blvd. & Redondo Beach Blvd. in a town
called "Lawndale" CA.  This is the same outfit that places those huge
multi-page ads in Amiga World.  The store is 100% Amiga, has at least
a dozen machines set up for demos, and carries just about every piece
of Amiga hardware and software there is.  Definitely an eye-opening
experience.

Harv
People/Link: CBM*HARV

schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) (07/04/90)

In article <903.268b6191@waikato.ac.nz> rgty_lds@waikato.ac.nz writes:
>Question Re: Ami-Expo in L.A region.
>
>I hope to be in the Los Angeles area in late August and am interested to know
>if there will be any Amiga related Expositions on ?
>
>Amiga Magazines seem to take forever to reach the Book Shops at this end of
>the globe.
>
>    ***********  Thanks in advance to those who can help  **************

AMI EXPO is in Anaheim this year in October.

			     \          /
			      \   \    /      /
Sean Schur		       \   \  /      /
				\   \/      /
USENET: schur@isi.edu		 \  /a\mpyr/
Compuserve: 70731,1102		  \/   \  / ideo
Plink: OSS259				\/

gunda@cbmehq.UUCP (Gunda O'Neal ESCO) (07/04/90)

In article <14189@venera.isi.edu> schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) writes:
>In article <903.268b6191@waikato.ac.nz> rgty_lds@waikato.ac.nz writes:
>>
>>    ***********  Thanks in advance to those who can help  **************
>

>AMI EXPO is in Anaheim this year in October.

 see summary !

--
Gunda O'Neal, Assistant
Commodore European Support & Coordination Office (ESCO)