[comp.sys.amiga] RoboCop II ---Not all done on an Amiga

sokay@mwunix.mitre.org (Stephen Okay) (07/05/90)

>From linus!alliant!merk!xylogics!samsung!sdd.hp.com!cs.utexas.edu!uunet!ingr!palmerc Thu Jul  5 08:16:02 EDT 1990
>In article <S#L$4-+@rpi.edu> ceej@pawl.rpi.edu (Chris J Hillery) writes:
>
>I think that it's quite possible that the robot "faces" (Robo's and Cane's,
>on Robo II) were, in fact, Amiga graphics.  They looked quite similar to

>I am pretty sure the Cane (Kane?) face WAS NOT done on an Amiga.  If anyone
>is doing that high quality of animation, I would like to know about it.  One
>thing that no one else has mentioned was the mug-shot database of criminals
>that the OCP woman was searching through.  These looked very much like
>Digi-View digitized faces touched up on a paint program.  Any confirmation?

I'd buy that from the pictures I've seen in magazines and stuff...
Also, apparently it wasn't all done on an Amiga. The latest MacLeak has
a half pager on the "RoboCop GUI" whose viewer was supposed to have a
"more Mac-like interface as opposed to a DOS-like interface".  Apparently
all that made it past the cutting room floor was the menu bars and a little
skull over in the left hand corner where the Apple usually is...
They spend the next few paragraphs describing the rats nest of cables and
boxes they had to hook up to the Mac to get the video out to film...
And then of course, in typical Mac-Style, the article makes it sound like
they designed and did all the graphics on the Mac and that 4 menu bars on the
screen are an unbelievably great accomplishment....

>2nd BTW, the movie did suck.
I've heard this enough to scare me away from seeing it.....

--
>|  Christopher M. Palmer                        #|Quote section| | | | | | ||
>/  Intergraph Corporation                       #| | Closed For| |o| | | | |\
>\  Internet: b14!abulafia!palmerc@ingr.com      #| | | |Repairs| | | | | | |/
>|  UUCP    : ...uunet!ingr!b14!abulafia!palmerc #| | | | | | | | | | | | | ||

Stephen Okay  sokay@mitre.org
Disclaimer: I get *MYSELF* into enough trouble with my opinions, why would I
            want to inflict them on MITRE?
CDR --Continually Dumping Rubbish, ARTS is a four letter word.