[comp.sys.amiga] UNSHAR

dwi@manta.NOSC.MIL (Steve Stamper) (05/18/89)

Does anyone know where one can get the source to some sort
of C program to unshar .sh files?  I can do it fine on the
unix system, but want to be able to do it on the Amiga as well.
I much prefer the source to an executable file.

-Roger

page%swap@Sun.COM (Bob Page) (05/18/89)

dwi@manta.nosc.mil.UUCP (Steve Stamper) wrote:
>Does anyone know where one can get the source to some sort
>of C program to unshar .sh files?

Nice address Steve.

Such a beast was posted in comp.sources.amiga less than three weeks
ago with archive name unix/unshar.1 ... since then I've publicly
pointed out this fact no less than three times.  Search your favorite
archive site via FTP or tickle the Kilowatt archive server with:

To: archive-server@kilowatt.sun.com
Subject: Amiga 3000

path myname@host.domain
send unix/unshar.1

..bob (you don't need to add my signature to the mail message)

doug@xdos.UUCP (Doug Merritt) (05/18/89)

In article <105384@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> page@sun.UUCP (Bob Page) writes:
>dwi@manta.nosc.mil.UUCP (Steve Stamper) wrote:
>>of C program to unshar .sh files?
>
>Such a beast was posted in comp.sources.amiga less than three weeks
>ago with archive name unix/unshar.1 ... since then I've publicly
>pointed out this fact no less than three times.  Search your favorite

Such are the hazards of keeping up with the net...nice of you to
perform this civic duty.

It does seem, however, that we need a *weekly* posting of
"Answers to the questions you were about to ask".
	Doug
--
Doug Merritt		{pyramid,apple}!xdos!doug
Member, Crusaders for a Better Tomorrow		Professional Wildeyed Visionary

dwi@manta.NOSC.MIL (Steve Stamper) (05/18/89)

Does anyone have a list or know of any archive sites accessable
through ftp?

-Roger Uzun

Sylvain@speedy.CAM.ORG (Sylvain Tremblay) (07/05/90)

Has anyone ever used (or tried to) the shell unarchiver for the Amiga
called UNSHAR.  I tried to use it on a file in comp.binaries.amiga and I
get the following message:

Error opening output file cb11.zuu01

If anyone can help, that would be appreciated...

--
Sylvain
                                                                   __

mlelias@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Mike Elias (Mighty Amigo) Systems Analysis) (07/05/90)

In article <Sylvain.3838@speedy.CAM.ORG>, Sylvain@speedy.CAM.ORG (Sylvain Tremblay) writes:
> Has anyone ever used (or tried to) the shell unarchiver for the Amiga
> called UNSHAR.  I tried to use it on a file in comp.binaries.amiga and I
> get the following message:
>
> Error opening output file cb11.zuu01
>
> If anyone can help, that would be appreciated...

	I don't know if this is applicable, but here goes...

	I used to get this kind of error off of uudecode if I had downloaded
a file via Kermit in binary mode.  You might want to check and see if your
protocol used makes a distinction between binary and text files.

	Hope this helps.

> --
> Sylvain
>                                                                    __
> |  Sylvain Tremblay        INTERNET: Sylvain@speedy.CAM.ORG  __  ///   /|  |
> |  Montreal, Qc, Canada         CIS: 71640,666               \\\///  #  |  |
> |  (514) 256-3779                or: 71640.666@compuserve.com \XX/     _|_ |
Mike Elias            | It is reasonable to hope that in the not to distant
Mlelias@Miavx1.Bitnet | future we shall be competent to understand so simple
Miami U. Oxford, Oh.  | a thing as a star.