[comp.sys.amiga] When will 2.0 be in ROM distribution?

dean@coplex.UUCP (Dean Brooks) (07/04/90)

     So, when will the long awaited Workbench 2.0 be in full
distribution in ROM format?  Much like 1.3 ROMS are available at your
nearest Amiga dealer for purchasing, when will 2.0 be in a similar
format?  Will it be a ROM set AND new utilities on disk, or just new ROMS,
or neither, etc?

--
dean@coplex.UUCP   Dean A. Brooks
                   Copper Electronics, Inc.

int367g@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (sn mcnamara) (07/05/90)

In article <170@coplex.UUCP> dean@coplex.UUCP (Dean Brooks) writes:

>     So, when will the long awaited Workbench 2.0 be in full
>distribution in ROM format?  Much like 1.3 ROMS are available at your

	And will 500/2000 ROMS include the 1.3 boot capability?

>--
>dean@coplex.UUCP   Dean A. Brooks
>                   Copper Electronics, Inc.
>                   Louisville, Ky
>UUCP: !uunet!coplex!dean

	Stephen McNamara		int367g@monu4.cc.monash.edu
                                        (until the end of the academic year)

martin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Martin Hunt) (07/05/90)

In article <3558@monu1.cc.monash.oz> int367g@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (sn   mcnamara) writes:
>In article <170@coplex.UUCP> dean@coplex.UUCP (Dean Brooks) writes:
>>
>>     So, when will the long awaited Workbench 2.0 be in full
>>distribution in ROM format?  Much like 1.3 ROMS are available at your
>
>	And will 500/2000 ROMS include the 1.3 boot capability?

Once you upgrade your 500/2000 to 2.0, you will not be able to go
back to 1.3.  The 1.3 boot capability is provided by the MMU, which
is included in 2500s and 3000s.

--
Martin Hunt                     martin@cbmvax.commodore.com
Commodore-Amiga Engineering     {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!martin

kevin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Kevin Klop) (07/06/90)

In article <170@coplex.UUCP> dean@coplex.UUCP (Dean Brooks) writes:

>     So, when will the long awaited Workbench 2.0 be in full
>distribution in ROM format?  Much like 1.3 ROMS are available at your
>nearest Amiga dealer for purchasing, when will 2.0 be in a similar
>format?  Will it be a ROM set AND new utilities on disk, or just new ROMS,
>or neither, etc?
>
>--
>dean@coplex.UUCP   Dean A. Brooks
>                   Copper Electronics, Inc.
>                   Louisville, Ky
>UUCP: !uunet!coplex!dean

As far as I know, the ROM plans for OS 2.0 have not yet been finalized.

			-- Kevin --

Kevin Klop		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!kevin
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

	``Be excellent to each other.''
		- Bill and Ted's most excellent adventure

Disclaimer: _I_ don't know what I said, much less my employer.