[comp.sys.amiga] Excellent Commodore Service

jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) (06/28/90)

I really want to comment Commodore on the way their customer relations have
improved in the past year.  A friend bought a Colt PC at a local store
somewhat like Toys 'R Us.  He had quite a few problems with hard drives dying
after only a few minutes to days of use.  He called Commodore and talked to
someone in customer relations.  He got a few answers, but not what he needed,
so he asked to talk to Tech Support.  He talked to someone named Dave
(Haynie?) about the problem, and his questions were answered on the spot, much
to his satisfaction.  He moved to Florida a few weeks later, and just received
a letter of apology from Commodore offering to replace his system with a new
Colt hard drive system.  Needless to say, is is VERY satisfied.  I've also had
this type of help, and it's very encouraging to see this level of support,
when, three or four years ago, this would have been such a chore to get done.

--
| husc6!m2c!wpi!jdutka | "Hey, baby - wanna do some HEAT TRANSFER?           |
| jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu   |  Heh, heh, heh!"                                    |

troyb@pro-graphics.cts.com (Troy Barlow) (07/07/90)

 I also had good results dealing with C=.
 I bought a 286 Bridge Board a few months ago so that I could avoid going
to the office every now and then (also to work on the Targa direct module
for RGBExchange). I also bought a Paradise 16bit S-VGA card from a local
dealer. After trying to work on some code from work with the Amiga Bridge
Board I found that there are a few problems with the mouse emulation
(AMouse). It would not work correctly with a few Microsoft functions (IE:
mouse interrupts). I called commodore and talked to a few people who had
some suggestions, one that worked pretty good! Not only did they help me
then, they actualy called me back a few days later to see how I made out!

 I hope this keeps up!
-Troy

PS: Microsoft also seems to have problems with mouse drivers :) , the
 driver they shipped with Microsoft C 6.0 (version 7.3), is a
 'In House' version and should have been 7.4! On top of that, there is
 a bug in the conditional off routine in the new (7.4) version that
 can cause some software that uses 'conditional off' to screw the
 pointer up by drawing on top of it! Thank god we have sprites ;) !!

    UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!troyb             |  ProLine: troyb@pro-graphics
InterNet: crash!troyb@pro-graphics.cts.com     |  201/469-0049   3/12/2400 Baud
ARPA/DDN: crash!pro-graphics!troyb@nosc.mil    |  24 Hrs.        Piscataway, NJ