[comp.sys.amiga] Un-zipper?!?

amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (AmigaMan) (07/07/90)

Can anyone tell me if there is a utility that will un-zip a file?  I haven't
been able to locate it by FTP and there isn't anything on local boards.
Thanks,
AMH

arc@desire.wright.edu (07/08/90)

In article <50047@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (AmigaMan) writes:
> Can anyone tell me if there is a utility that will un-zip a file?  I haven't
> been able to locate it by FTP and there isn't anything on local boards.
> Thanks,
> AMH

I have an unzipper for Amiga, but it doesn't work on ZIPped files good at all.
There IS a version of ZIP for Amiga, but it takes up TOO much memory...  NO
WONDER noone supported it...  The guy who did it must not know what quality is.
He thinks he can put out a dumb version and people would ACTUALLY send him
money (he only got like to donations!).  When you put something out on the
Amiga, you write it to make it awsome, not to JUST make money.  Amiga's world
isn't like the IBM's world.  We don't pay for something STUPID.  I hope noone
writes some message to me telling me how bad I am about writing this.  It's the
truth...

=    ///           | Jim Perry                 | Arc@Desire.Wright.edu =
=   /// Amiga!     | ^Communications Consultant|         -or-          =
= \XX/ The One     | Arc Electronics, Inc.     |    Arc@WSU.BITNET     =
= ____& Only...    | Wright State University   |"Ouch! Quit-it." - Bart=
=                  | Dayton, Ohio              |  Frank Sinatra Rules  =