[comp.sys.amiga] DNET FTERM and SETFONT

stevem@hal.CSS.GOV (Steve Masters) (07/07/90)

I am having a problem getting DNET to use an alternate font in the
FTERM window.  I have tried

     setfont fterm 8
     run dnet

and

     setfont fterm 8 screen
     run dnet

(The "run dnet" is in a simple "execute" file that also types the
phone number for reference.)

In each case, the initial DNET window uses the fterm font but the
subsequent FTERM window uses the default topaz font.  The font appears
to be properly installed (it appears in other windows correctly).
I have lost the orginal documentation that came with the fterm font.
Can anyone help me here?  Replies by mail or news welcome.

Steve Masters   stevem@hal.CSS.GOV
ENSCO, Inc.
Melbourne, FL  32935
(407) 254 4122

stevem@hal.CSS.GOV (Steve Masters) (07/08/90)

Thanks to all who responded so quickly to my request.  For all who may
wish to change the font in DNET's FTERM, use the 'config' program
included in the DNET distribution.

Simply enter 'config fterm'  (for both config and fterm, enter their full
path if they are not in the current directory) and the program will prompt you
for the additional information.  The config program has the additional capability
of allowing the user to define the default FTERM window size and placement.

It's easy to run, and it works very smoothly.

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) (07/09/90)

In article <442@hal.CSS.GOV> stevem@hal.CSS.GOV (Steve Masters) writes:
>I am having a problem getting DNET to use an alternate font in the
>FTERM window.

Go get a copy of Dillon's 'config' & type:
$ config <path/>fterm

You will be presented with various configuration options which you
can now change, one being the font which fterm is to use. After
you have answered the configuration questions, config will allow you
to overwrite the fterm file. I would suggest that you use config on
a copy of your fterm :^)

Kent Polk - Southwest Research Institute - kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu
         "Life's too short to have to do this on a PC"