[comp.sys.amiga] SAS on Amiga

jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) (06/28/90)

walker@unx.sas.com (Doug Walker) writes:
>We are hard at work on Amiga enhancements right now, and
>have no intention of losing ground or resting on our laurels.

What needs to happen for SAS/Lattice to release a version of SAS for
the Amiga?

--
Jim Wright
jwright@quonset.cfht.hawaii.edu

bluneski@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Bob Luneski) (06/29/90)

In article <jwright.646549636@quonset> jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) writes:
>walker@unx.sas.com (Doug Walker) writes:
>>We are hard at work on Amiga enhancements right now, and
>>have no intention of losing ground or resting on our laurels.
>
>What needs to happen for SAS/Lattice to release a version of SAS for
>the Amiga?

You'd need about 5 million more Amigas used for scientific data analysis.

tron1@tronsbox.xei.com (HIM) (06/30/90)

>--Doug Walker
>  Senior Systems Developer
>  Motorola Compilers Department
>  SAS Institute, Inc.

Doug , on a related issue , will the same group be supporting the Lattice
C++ compiler , and will this slow down the >MUCH< needed AT&T 2.0/2.1
compliance ???

========[ Xanadu Enterprises Inc. Amiga & Unix Software Development]========
= "The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a    =
= soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with     =
= an idea." - computer saying. (from The Wizardry Compiled by Rick Cook)   =
============= Ken Jamieson: uunet!tronsbox.xei.com!tron1  ==================
= NONE of the opinions represented here are endorsed by either             =
= Xanadu Enterpises or its clients, AT&T Bell Labs or others.              =
==== The Romantic Encounters BBS 201-759-8450(2400) / 201-759-8568(PEP) ====

walker@unx.sas.com (Doug Walker) (07/09/90)

In article <268c20e4-2271.8comp.sys.amiga-1@tronsbox.xei.com> tron1@tronsbox.xei.com (HIM) writes:
>Doug , on a related issue , will the same group be supporting the Lattice
>C++ compiler , and will this slow down the >MUCH< needed AT&T 2.0/2.1
>compliance ???

The C++ compiler/translator product was handled by an external contractor and
marketed/supported by Lattice.  The status of the product after the move has
yet to be determined.

  *****
=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller====== BBS: (919)382-8265 =
  | o  |//     For all you do, this bug's for you!
  ======
usenet: ...mcnc!rti!sas!walker   plink: dwalker  bix: djwalker