[comp.sys.amiga] nit picking

cmcmanis@stpeter.Eng.Sun.COM (Chuck McManis) (07/14/90)

In article <1990Jul13.154505.18469@csmil.umich.edu> (Charles Hymes) writes:
>A well placed little bird told me that AT & T Unix version 4 release 5
>will be released at the begining of next month.

Just so you know, it is "AT&T UNIX System V, Release 4.0" Or "System V,
Release 4.0" or "SVR4". Early AT&T UNIXes were things like Version 6,
Version 7, then Bell Labs went back to doing research and AT&T gave
UNIX to another division which developed System III and then System V
(system five), now they are distinguishing them by releases as in
System V Release 3.0, System V Release 3.2, and of course System V
Release 4.0.

Just a little bit-o-history,

--
--Chuck McManis						    Sun Microsystems
uucp: {anywhere}!sun!cmcmanis   BIX: <none>   Internet: cmcmanis@Eng.Sun.COM