[comp.sys.amiga] A3000 + It Came From The Desert

frazier@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Greg Frazier) (07/05/90)

Well, we just got our A3000, and we went out and purchased
It Came From The Desert.  Yes, I did run it at the dealer
to make sure it runs on the A3000.  Unfortunately, it
doesn't run on *our* A3000.  Don't know why - the game
*seems* to start up, and it tries to read diskette #1,
and it just reads and reads and reads.  Does anybody
know what might be wrong?  Has anybody else seen
It Came From The Desert running on an A3000?  Thanks.
--
"They thought to use and shame me but I win out by nature, because a true
freak cannot be made.  A true freak must be born."  K. Dunn, _Geek_Love_

Greg Frazier	frazier@CS.UCLA.EDU	!{ucbvax,rutgers}!ucla-cs!frazier

In article <36753@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> frazier@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Greg Frazier) writes:
>Well, we just got our A3000, and we went out and purchased
>It Came From The Desert.  Yes, I did run it at the dealer
>to make sure it runs on the A3000.  Unfortunately, it
>doesn't run on *our* A3000.  Don't know why - the game
>*seems* to start up, and it tries to read diskette #1,
>and it just reads and reads and reads.  Does anybody
>know what might be wrong?  Has anybody else seen
>It Came From The Desert running on an A3000?  Thanks.

	Things to try: turn off the caches using CPU.  Turn off fast mem
using NoFastMem.

	Sounds like it might be a software timing loop while using the
disk hardware.  Also, you can try running it under 1.3.

Common phrase heard at Amiga Devcon '89: "It's in there!"