[comp.sys.amiga] Ctutor?.WRP

a143@mindlink.UUCP (Ed Meyer) (07/14/90)

Thanks to all for their replies re. Ctutor*.WRP.

To answer questions about where these files came from, I don't know.
They suddenly appeared here (MindLink, Vancouver, Canada) one day.
I'll ask the SysOp where these files came from and let you know what
I find out.

My problem with these files persists -- I'm beginning to think it
might not be me.  The problem that I'm having is that the un-warping
that I try to do (via LHwarp or Warp) tells me that the files
were warped with LHwarp version 87.97114 -- I don't have and have
never heard of this version.  There seems to be no such version
in the vast archives here, so I guess I'm stuck.

a143@mindlink.UUCP (Ed Meyer) (07/14/90)

To all of you who responded re. un-Warping that file, THANKS.

The "problem" is now solved: LHunarc does not like the version-code for some
reason.  So, I obtained the correct version of Warp (1.11 will do) and used
"Warp write <filename>" where the source file was on one disk (actually VD0:)
and the destination was disk DF0: (no choice).  All 4 files Ctutor1.wrp ..
Ctutor4.wrp un-warped consecutively onto DF0: with
total success.

For those asking where the file or files (yes it is available in 1 BIG file,
also) comes from Sweden.  Here's an exerpt from the "read.me":

AMIGA C MANUAL  ALIAS: AMIGA SUITES  AUTHOR: ANDERS BJERIN  V1.00

Copyright 1990 by Anders Bjerin. All rights reserved. This
manual together with the examples may be given to others if
no fee, except to cover the costs, is charged. The three disks
may not be modified, and may not be published in any form
without written permission by the author. A registered owner
may however use parts of the manual in his own commercial/non-
commercial programs/articles.

This manual is dedicated to Sioe-Lin Kwik for her moral support
and assistance. I would also like to thank Mats Bjerin and the
rest of my family for all their help.

This is the complete C manual for the Amiga which describes
how to open and work with Screens, Windows, Graphics, Gadgets,
Requesters, Alerts, Menus, IDCMP, Sprites etc. The manual
consists of 11 chapters together with more than 70 fully
executable examples with source code.

The examples are written in Lattice C V5.02, but will compile
perfectly with older versions, as well as with other C
compilers.

[ end of exerpt ]

I've just started to look through it; it is very much like the manual I
prepared way back when, but it covers several topics I didn't.  Credit where
credit is due -- Anders Bjerin has done a nice job.

Finally, I don't know any sources other than in the Vancouver, Canada area:
MindLink (604-576-1214 or -685-1214) or Tunnel Vision (604-538-3839).  The
total of all downloads fill a floppy and
even at that sub-files are LHarc'd.

bli@aludra.usc.edu (07/15/90)

In article <2442@mindlink.UUCP> a143@mindlink.UUCP (Ed Meyer) writes:
>Thanks to all for their replies re. Ctutor*.WRP.
>

>My problem with these files persists -- I'm beginning to think it
>might not be me.  The problem that I'm having is that the un-warping
>that I try to do (via LHwarp or Warp) tells me that the files
>were warped with LHwarp version 87.97114 -- I don't have and have
>never heard of this version.  There seems to be no such version
>in the vast archives here, so I guess I'm stuck.

I don't know if this has been suggested before to you, but
you may want to use 'warpfix' on that file. It seems like you have
a damaged warp file (or lhwarp, I guess, warpfix will only fix
warp files)...

Or, you could try to check maybe the file is compressed by DIMP, or
the new DeluxeWarp with a special option...

-----
STRESS('stres)n:
      that confusion created when one's mind overrides the desire to
      choke the living daylights out of some jerk who really deserves it.