[comp.sys.amiga] Ctutor?.WRP = Cmanual on FF337..

myb100@csc.anu.oz (07/17/90)

In article <2451@mindlink.UUCP>, a143@mindlink.UUCP (Ed Meyer) writes:
[...]
> For those asking where the file or files (yes it is available in 1 BIG file,
> also) comes from Sweden.  Here's an exerpt from the "read.me":
>
> AMIGA C MANUAL  ALIAS: AMIGA SUITES  AUTHOR: ANDERS BJERIN  V1.00

> This is the complete C manual for the Amiga which describes
> how to open and work with Screens, Windows, Graphics, Gadgets,
> Requesters, Alerts, Menus, IDCMP, Sprites etc. The manual
> consists of 11 chapters together with more than 70 fully
> executable examples with source code.
>
> I've just started to look through it; it is very much like the manual I
> prepared way back when, but it covers several topics I didn't.  Credit where
> credit is due -- Anders Bjerin has done a nice job.
Hear hear !!

> Finally, I don't know any sources other than in the Vancouver, Canada area:
> MindLink (604-576-1214 or -685-1214) or Tunnel Vision (604-538-3839).  The
> total of all downloads fill a floppy and
> even at that sub-files are LHarc'd.

This sounds like the CManual on Fish disk 337 (+/- a few :-) ) It is an
excellent product - my check will be in the mail shortly, Anders ! It's a
shareware product - I've printed the whole thing out, there's 200 pages
of descriptive text, very informative (although Anders does have an accent :-)
and there's about 150 pages of example programmes - together with executables.
It deserves the highest rating !! A must for beginning programmers on the
Amiga (like me)

 Markus Buchhorn                                           ///  | This space
 Mt Stromlo and Siding Spring Observatories, Canberra     ///   |
 PMB Weston Ck. P.O. A.C.T. 2611, Australia           \\\///    | intentionally
 markus@mso.anu.oz.au  -or-  nssdca::psi%mssso::markus \XX/     | left blank
 Phone donations: AUS-6-249-0280 Flames: alt.dev.null  Disclaimer: standard