[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Vision -- Bugs and Kudos!

ESDYKE@MTUS5.BITNET (Erick Dyke) (07/18/90)

I have been working with Amiga Vision for about three days and love it!

However, I have found a few bugs, and am wondering since it was put out by
a third party, if I should send them the bugs -- post the bugs here --
send Commodore the bugs, or take the bugs and mind my own business :-)

If you have not worked with Amiga Vision, give it a try!  I am a hard-core
'C/C++' programmer and I thought that this was going to be another
one of those products that looks so cool, but after working with it -- Blows.
I can not believe the power/simplicity/versitility that it gives.
All we need now is a Amigavision -> Binary program and we are all set!

Erick -- ESDYKE AT MTUS5

kominetz@cbmvax.commodore.com (John Kominetz - Product Assurance) (07/18/90)

In article <90198.164346ESDYKE@MTUS5.BITNET> ESDYKE@MTUS5.BITNET (Erick Dyke) writes:
>I have been working with Amiga Vision for about three days and love it!
>
>However, I have found a few bugs, and am wondering since it was put out by
>a third party, if I should send them the bugs -- post the bugs here --
>send Commodore the bugs, or take the bugs and mind my own business :-)

	CATS and I are both interested in bug reports.  Please either post
them here or mail them to me.

>If you have not worked with Amiga Vision, give it a try!  I am a hard-core
>'C/C++' programmer and I thought that this was going to be another
>one of those products that looks so cool, but after working with it -- Blows.
>I can not believe the power/simplicity/versitility that it gives.
>All we need now is a Amigavision -> Binary program and we are all set!
>
>Erick -- ESDYKE AT MTUS5

	I've worked with Hypercard and just took a look at Toolbox--the
Windows hypermedia authoring system.  Each has some nice features that AV
lacks (at least at the momemt!) but each is *much* harder to use.  It's
almost impossible to make glaring errors in the program's logic since you
write a structure diagram of the program by writing it.

	Are you familiar with ARexx?  When you couple this with AV, it makes
*lots* of interesting things possible.  Just as a quick example, try to
join a bunch of strings in AV's expression editor; the strcat function is a
real bear for more than two strings.  Instead, use an EXECUTE icon set to
ARexx (remember to activate ARexx first) and for filespec type this:

	return [var1] [var2] " This is it:" || [var3] [var4]

Set the result to the variable where you want the new string and *poof!*
With ARexx's string-handling abilities and its interface to most major
productivity titles, you can do all sorts of interesting things in AV!

	John Kominetz, PA

eric@cbmvax.commodore.com (Eric Cotton) (07/18/90)

In article <13273@cbmvax.commodore.com> kominetz@cbmvax (John Kominetz - Product Assurance) writes:
>In article <90198.164346ESDYKE@MTUS5.BITNET> ESDYKE@MTUS5.BITNET (Erick Dyke) writes:
>>I have been working with Amiga Vision for about three days and love it!
>>
>>However, I have found a few bugs, and am wondering since it was put out by
>>a third party, if I should send them the bugs -- post the bugs here --
>>send Commodore the bugs, or take the bugs and mind my own business :-)
>
>	CATS and I are both interested in bug reports.  Please either post
>them here or mail them to me.

Or better yet, mail them to {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!bugs.

--
Eric Cotton
Commodore-Amiga                                               (215) 431-9100