[comp.sys.amiga] PalBoot program

dan-hankins@cup.portal.com (Daniel B Hankins) (07/16/90)

Some time ago, someone posted a very short program called PalBoot.  If I
remember aright, it was supposed to reboot a USA into PAL mode, for use
with European software.  I downloaded it at the time, but I seem to have
misplaced it.

Two Questions:

1. Will it work on an A1000.  I've got some European demos and an excellent
   German PAL shareware Star Trek game I'd like to be able to run (and see!)

2. Would someone either email it to me or post it to the net or tell me where
   I can acquire it?  It's definitely not in the Fish or Amicus libraries.

Dan Hankins

dan-hankins@cup.portal.com
sun!portal!cup.portal.com!dan-hankins

drxmann@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Dustin Christmann) (07/17/90)

In article <31775@cup.portal.com> dan-hankins@cup.portal.com (Daniel B Hankins) writes:
>Some time ago, someone posted a very short program called PalBoot.  If I
>remember aright, it was supposed to reboot a USA into PAL mode, for use
>with European software.  I downloaded it at the time, but I seem to have
>misplaced it.
>
>Two Questions:
>
>1. Will it work on an A1000.  I've got some European demos and an excellent
>   German PAL shareware Star Trek game I'd like to be able to run (and see!)
>
>2. Would someone either email it to me or post it to the net or tell me where
>   I can acquire it?  It's definitely not in the Fish or Amicus libraries.

I've never used PalBoot, but there is a program I use called BootPAL by Nico
Francois which does basically what you want to do. It only works on Amigas with
the new ECS Agnus, so if you have a 1000, you're out of luck with this program.
It's on FF 331 in the NTSC-PAL drawer, which includes BootNTSC, which boots a
PAL Amiga in NTSC mode.

>Dan Hankins
>
>dan-hankins@cup.portal.com
>sun!portal!cup.portal.com!dan-hankins

Thanx,
Dustin Christmann

Internet:	drxmann@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Bitnet:		drxmann@utxvm
UUCP:		...!ut-emx!ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you.
 He is an idiot."	-Groucho Marx

arc@desire.wright.edu (07/19/90)

In article <31775@cup.portal.com>, dan-hankins@cup.portal.com (Daniel B Hankins) writes:
> Some time ago, someone posted a very short program called PalBoot.  If I
> remember aright, it was supposed to reboot a USA into PAL mode, for use
> with European software.  I downloaded it at the time, but I seem to have
> misplaced it.
>
> Two Questions:
>
> 1. Will it work on an A1000.  I've got some European demos and an excellent
>    German PAL shareware Star Trek game I'd like to be able to run (and see!)
>
> 2. Would someone either email it to me or post it to the net or tell me where
>    I can acquire it?  It's definitely not in the Fish or Amicus libraries.
>

> Dan Hankins
>
> dan-hankins@cup.portal.com
> sun!portal!cup.portal.com!dan-hankins

  I just posted a awsome PAL booter for Amiga on "xanth.cs.odu.edu" in
"incoming/amiga", it's called PALBOOT4.WRP, bvut it takes a fatter agnus to use
it properly.

=    ///           | Jim Perry                 | Arc@Desire.Wright.edu =
=   /// Amiga!     | ^Communications Consultant|         -or-          =
= \XX/ The One     | Arc Electronics, Inc.     |    Arc@WSU.BITNET     =
= ____& Only...    | Wright State University   |"Ouch! Quit-it." - Bart=
=                  | Dayton, Ohio              |  Frank Sinatra Rules  =