[comp.sys.amiga] Productivity on A3000, 1950

pomeroy@refine.enet.dec.com (Robert Pomeroy) (07/20/90)

	I just bought an A3000 with a C= 1950 multisync monitor on
an educational deal. I dragged the multisync icon from the MonitorStore
drawer to the Monitors drawer so that I could use productivity modes.
When I select either of the productivity modes, save the prefs, and
reboot, the system comes up in HiRes (640x200) instead of the resolution
I selected (640x480 or 640x960).

	Can anybody tell me exactly what I am supposed to do in order
to use productivity on the 1950.

			Bob Pomeroy
			pomeroy@refine.enet.dec.com

P.S. (To Dave Haynie:) As you can see, I didn't get a coop job at C=.
	Thanks for giving me some names to call though....
	I am stuck here at Digital using SLOW machines while my 3000
	sits home alone all day.  )-8

eric@cbmvax.commodore.com (Eric Cotton) (07/20/90)

In article <13637@shlump.nac.dec.com> pomeroy@refine.enet.dec.com (Robert Pomeroy) writes:

>	I just bought an A3000 with a C= 1950 multisync monitor on
>an educational deal. I dragged the multisync icon from the MonitorStore
>drawer to the Monitors drawer so that I could use productivity modes.
>When I select either of the productivity modes, save the prefs, and
>reboot, the system comes up in HiRes (640x200) instead of the resolution
>I selected (640x480 or 640x960).
>
>	Can anybody tell me exactly what I am supposed to do in order
>to use productivity on the 1950.

Off the top of my head...  It may be that the monitor was not added before
IPrefs has read the ScreenMode preferences.  Try adding the following to
your startup-sequence before the line where IPrefs is fired-up:

	SYS:System/AddMonitor NUM=3, NAME=multiscan.monitor

It may not be the easiest or most elegant solution, but it works.

--
Eric Cotton
Commodore-Amiga                                               (215) 431-9100

andy@cbmvax.commodore.com (Andy Finkel) (07/20/90)

In article <13637@shlump.nac.dec.com> pomeroy@refine.enet.dec.com (Robert Pomeroy) writes:

>	I just bought an A3000 with a C= 1950 multisync monitor on
>an educational deal. I dragged the multisync icon from the MonitorStore
>drawer to the Monitors drawer so that I could use productivity modes.
>When I select either of the productivity modes, save the prefs, and
>reboot, the system comes up in HiRes (640x200) instead of the resolution
>I selected (640x480 or 640x960).
>
>	Can anybody tell me exactly what I am supposed to do in order
>to use productivity on the 1950.

Make sure the script bit didn't somehow get unset on the monitors
you just dragged.

Try rebooting, then use the screenmode preferences to make sure that
your monitor got added to the list.

			andy
--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"Of course it's the murder weapon.  Who would frame someone with a fake?"

igor@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Peter Dufault) (07/21/90)

In the screenmode preferences window there are two options: save and use. Save
saves the preferences to hard disk, use just uses the preferences while the
computer is in use.

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!igor
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!igor@nosc.mil
INET: igor@pnet51.orb.mn.org